Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and found plenty of people running the H2 315(35") combo with good clearance in the rear. Does anyone have experience running or test fit 37's in the rear without lift and how much clearance there is to the lower corners through travel?

·
Registered
881 Posts
IIRC i believe I read on this site that with stock rear suspension you can fit up to a 38" tall tire in the rear with no serious rubbing but you may need a second opinion about that.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I put my 37X14.50's on my buddy's 1/2 ton and they fit, so I would ASSume they would fit on a 3/4 ton. But not for sure...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah you guys are right Baja Trophy Trucks suck and are slow.

Tall tires and a low truck are the cats meow for going fast.
The high CG for a truck with 37s and a 10"+ lift mean you have to
creep off-road.

Run 37s in the rear with stock height

Put the new Fabtech coil over system in the front & run 37s with fiberglass Baja style fenders.

Cool!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i have never heard or seen a stock truck with 37 before

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

creep off-road.

Put the new Fabtech coil over system in the front & run 37s with fiberglass Baja style fenders.

Cool!
i dont think a stock hd with 37 inch tires is thought of as a trophy truck

·
Registered
602 Posts

creep off-road.

Cool!
Yeah WTF are you talking about dude? OBVIOUSLY hes not talking about tucking as in "baja" truck tucking, maybe he meant do they fit without rubbing? :blahblah: And who said TTs are slow and dumb?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sorry, no more posting drunk!

I just like the look of lower trucks, not stock, but a little lifted, with big tires.

Around where I live people have huge suspension lifts and then do body lifts as well just to run 35s or 37s. These trucks look like daddy long legs tip-toeing around.

I like the look of the low CG trophy truck, A$$ down, wider front stance 37/12.50x17s. I'm sure you can get there with a 6 inch lift in the front and 2 inch blocks in the rear as long as you use those really cool, bulged out fiberglass front fenders.

I personally do not like the truck on stilts look, only my .02

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Just so that you know. Not all trucks are the same. My 315, H2's at 34.5" have rubbed in the rear. In my case I believe it's because the rear end on my truck may not be exatly where it should be. I also had some issues when installing the bag brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
A$$ down, wider front stance 37/12.50x17s.
Somehow I knew that was coming.
For a 2wd "Prerunner"... MAYBE... for a 4wd, that look is "suburban poser"

It's called the "California Lean" and fortunately it's not found nationwide.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Somehow I knew that was coming.
For a 2wd "Prerunner"... MAYBE... for a 4wd, that look is "suburban poser"

It's called the "California Lean" and fortunately it's not found nationwide.
i know what you mean Rich we have a lot of that around my that get thpart of CA also, and even some big lifted 4x4 trucks run the prerunner truck look. I just dont get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts