Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife pissed, $43,000. truck wont start. After 5 min ass chewing about our fine new truck on the cell I figure I had better go see. WIF valve decided to start leaking. The valve has never been touched since I bought it new. My question are these valves known to do this and should I carry a spare.

Geno

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Never heard of it. There's an o-ring in there. Was the valve open slightly?

·
Registered
156 Posts
By rule I don't chew ass nor allow mine to be chewed while on a cell. Good luck and give er a good lickin and she'll forget all about it.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Amazing what a little valve will do to your relationship

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoot

Valve seem to be tight, had fresh diesel on valve and could see where it had been dripping on frame, truck had been setting for most of a week.

Geno

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
geno said:
Hoot

Valve seem to be tight, had fresh diesel on valve and could see where it had been dripping on frame, truck had been setting for most of a week.

Geno
That valve feels tight even while it's open. It's all nylon or some other plastic and between the plastic threads and the o-rings, it feels tight no matter.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey Hoot!

Maybe you can tell me what a WIF valve is?

Thanks, TommJr

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Water In Fuel.

The valve on the bottom of the fuel filter

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
TommJr :

Water In Fuel Senser, which is screwed into the bottem of the OEM Fuel Filter. For good pics, go to : http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1579&PN=1 Specifically, see pics 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11. Be sure to read the entire thread, lots of good info. This can be found under :
Do It Yourself and Useful Articles : Fuel Filter replacment pics/instructions

More great info, provided by dmaxallytech.
I plan to buy a spare WIF Senser from him. The time you somehow break it, or mess it up when changing a fuel filter, you can replace it and be on your way, and not stranded because the Dealer is closed or Out of Stock.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
WOW! Don't I feel like an idiot! Water in Fuel, o.k., I just changed my fuel/water separator about a week ago.

Thanks gentlemen for the help.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Changed out the filter over the week end and found that the o ring was not seated proper. probaly cold weather and sitting so long it decided to shrink enough to leak. all is well an wife is happy and I got out of the lickin.

Geno

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
geno said:
Changed out the filter over the week end and found that the o ring was not seated proper. probaly cold weather and sitting so long it decided to shrink enough to leak. all is well an wife is happy and I got out of the lickin.

Geno

·
Registered
132 Posts
IMHO it's a good idea to have a spare WIF sensor on hand. Went to buy a spare fuel filter ( the dealer had this for $28.00 ) and asked about the WIF sensor. No WIF sensor in stock!! I ordered a WIF which took 4 days to arrive. (cost $35.00) If you should need one of these having one on hand could save a bunch of agrivation!!!!--------Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts