Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still new at this diesel thing but learning alot every day here.

I was wondering if I should be bleeding off the WIF valve under my fuel filter on a regular basis.

I have had no warning or codes come up yet but I dont want to be overlooking things either.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i havent heard anyone have the wif sensor come on...... probably couldnt hurt to check it as long as the fuel doesnt drip on the frame.... tends to eat the undercoating off. if you do make sure you tighten it good so it doesnt draw air in.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Last week I went and started my Dmax after it has sit for 7 days as I was in the Hospital. The tempurature had been below Zero for a few of those days. I plugged it in and after 3 hours of beign plugged in I started it. The WIF came on in my DIC. I shut the engine down and tried to drain the fuel filter. Nothing but fuel. I restarted it and never got a WIF in the DIc since. I took it to my Dealer. He told me it may have been the Cold that caused it. Electronic things do strange things in cold weather.

·
Registered
160 Posts
When mine was new, I got a WIF warning all the time. Dealer didn't believe there was water in the fuel, nor did I. I replaced the sensor and have not seen a WIF warning since.

What gives with the WIF valve? on mine, it does not function like a petcock, but must be removed entirely from its housing before fuel will drain. Seems like a poor design.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You have to loosen the bleeder screw also...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts