Diesel Place banner

Wierd Problem

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  96 OILBURNER 
#1 ·
Alright well this problem has started yesterday...

I go out and start my truck, turn the key, wait for light to go out, and turn key to start position and "Nothing". I repeat procedure and it cranks and starts...

I does it mostly just the first time but tonight after work I cranked, ran glows again then tried to crank but nothing. I do not know what this could be or where to start looking. I am praying that it is not an expensive fix since $$ is tight especially this time of year.

And my truck does start hard and it is a cold blooded B****... I have to try about 2 or 3 tries until it actually fires. But thats another problem that needs fixed sooner or later...

#2 ·
If it randomly stalls to while your driving, or while idling, Check your PMD/FSD

#4 ·
Nope, Doesn't stall one bit, Had to replace OPS that was causing stalling/hesitation under WOT.

heavychevy93 said:
i would say to check your ground from the bat. to the motor if your grounds are weak it wont crank and it will be spuratick when it does it.
Would that also cause a slow crank as well? Because that has also been a problem, just forgot to mention that part....

#3 ·
i would say to check your ground from the bat. to the motor if your grounds are weak it wont crank and it will be spuratick when it does it.

#5 ·
As in the starter doesn't turn the engine over at all? Maybe neutral safety switch?

#6 ·
Check connections to the starter....pay attention to the purple wire....

#7 ·
Bad ground or more likely you need to clean the terminals of the 2 positive cables at the pass side battery. Pop out the spacer and clean there also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.