Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work I passed a car and got up to ~80 mph and 3300 rpm in 6th gear. The boost peaked at 25.0 psi. EGT got to 1362*F. All this according to the updated Edge Attitude ver 1.4 (attached to Juice ver 4.73) which I reinstalled this morning before I left. The Alerts were off. The Low Boost level and the power level were both at 5.

When I got ready to turn off about 2 miles later, I could not downshift the manny tranny as the pedal was HARDER than a brick! I had to pull over and turn off the engine and I also reset the power level back to zero.

Earlier this week I got my truck back from the dealer with a new flywheel kit installed. It was working perfectly until this ANOMOLY happened. After about a minute the pedal released and I restarted it and drove to work with no other problems. I did reset it to level 5 but did not accelerate anywhere nearly as hard.

I did notice some kind of a hiccup in the acceleration as I passed the car but I was watching the road and not the guages, at the time. It seemed like (maybe?
) the fueling was cut back? I have read a lot about tranny 'limping' on the Allisons and that was my first momentary question, but mine is a manny.

So is this a clutch issue, an Edge issue, or maybe an ECM issue? Anybody have some ideas?

Thanks,Edited by: Deadeye

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
No way does Edge interface with a manual tranny .... Seems you should go back and visit the dealer who performed the repair something has failed or you have anouther developing issue ....

Good luck ...

Mac

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
80 mph in 6 gear and it runs at 3300 rpm? what size tires are you running? 215-65-15`s? That sound more like 4th gear.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I bet his clutch was slipping, I think you should bring back your truck, something isnt set in right.

Bill

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheChevyHDMan said:
I bet his clutch was slipping, I think you should bring back your truck, something isnt set in right.

Bill

Well, it happened again and boy was the clutch slipping big-time. Problem is, without the Edge, it works fine. I think the Hot Juice just provides much more acceleration than the clutch system can handle. Without Edge, I cannot get it to slip or get the clutch pedal to harden.

Now I don't know what to do. The dealer will not be able to replicate the problem. I have seen other threads about clutch problems but they seem to relate to long drives rather than aggressive acceleration. Does anyone recall where these threads are?

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts