Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid newbie questions but it has been bothering me for quite some time now.

Why haven't any aftermarket filter manufactures developed a filter to replace the OEM that offers better filtration? To my knowledge there aren't even any manufacturers making an aftermarket filter for the Duramax. Am I correct? Seems like it would be a good void to fill.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I spoke to a NAPA coporate rep awhile back (sorry I can't remember their name or their filter manufacturer's name for that matter) and they told me that whoever makes their filters is working on it! They did not have an availability date at that time.

2DAMAX

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sure would be nice to have a 2m filter in the OEM spot - I already have a pre-OEM 2m CAT (Nicktane) filter. Should clean up the fuel pretty good

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cummins owns Fleetguard and they make an oil filter, air filter and have a fuel filter. The oil filter has Fleetguard printed on it but the air and fuel come in a plain box. I only took a quick glance at the fuel filter but it looks like it is a Racor. I have the part number and prices if interested. The oil and air were reasonable but the fuel was about like the dealer.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
To my knowledge,, there are alot of companies reboxing the racor under thier label. I know Fram does it, I have about 6 or 8 cases of them. Its identical in every way except the printing on the can, Even the bag that the o-rings come in are the same....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Filters? Did someone say filters? Well, in MY opinion...

Just kidding but it sure would be nice to have good quality replacement for the OEM.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I just wonder if anyone that may be attempting manufacturing of a better replacement is having air issues
!!!

Anyhow, I think I'd leave my secondary in place even if a better OEM came out. Two filters are better one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts