Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've countless pages making fun of the Democrats, exposing their true ugly colors. But perhaps there should be a thread listing all their accomplishments of the past few years so as to better educate those Americans voting.

Resident liberals... ANYBODY... here, get this thing started:

1) ________________

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
Sorta a stacked deck there only asking to go back a "few years" seeing that republicans have had control of the House and the Senate for much longer than that.

But since you asked, here are 178 things they have done just this year.

Bills passed by the new House

But mr turtle has refused to bring any of them forth to the Senate. But yeah, your right, it's the dems holding everything up.

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
And in case Sarge takes a peek, at least 16 of those bills deal with Veterans' Affairs and off aid in everything from suicide prevention to childcare and preventing crimes against our veterans.

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
Oh and I forget the Dems greatest accomplishment to date, they brought you Hillary:rolleyes: otherwise you wouldn't have anything to get wood about.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorta a stacked deck there only asking to go back a "few years" seeing that republicans have had control of the House and the Senate for much longer than that.

But since you asked, here are 178 things they have done just this year.

Bills passed by the new House

But mr turtle has refused to bring any of them forth to the Senate. But yeah, your right, it's the dems holding everything up.
No, I'm simply giving you and whomever a venue to give us reasons why we should vote for democrats. You've posted several reasons why we shouldn't support Trump so here's your chance to tell us why we should support any of his opponents and / or those running, but not for POTUS.

Anybody can complain.... as we see daily about Trump... true or not. I'll look over what you post here. If nothing else, I'm thinking it may be refreshing to hear you say something positive.

Btw, you can't blame "turtle" if you can't blame democrats for thwarting Trump's agenda. You can't have it both ways. I understand that it does take more than a majority to get bills passed (as we see today in Oregon), so I have no such claim as "they had both chambers and the WH so...."

I have voted for democrats before. Curious, you ever voted for a republican in a major race?

Edit: On your link they don't differentiate between what passed the House and died thereafter to what actually passed into law or something meaningful, do they? That's gonna make it harder. Try thinking of something you hate Trump for and why the democrats' solution is better. It doesn't have to be a law, but should be a clear reason why we should support the democrat idea over the republican or Trump idea. I mean, it's not like I'm gonna give Trump credit for SAYING Mexico will pay for the wall since that hasn't happened. So the House passing bills that end up DOA is like Trump saying Mexico will pay for it. Proof is in the pudding, no?

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
And on second thought, perhaps I should give an example...

I support Republicans because:

They are not asking for, proposing or pushing for illegal alien asylum cities or states.

Simple and pretty general. Now you try.

Another one...
I support Trump because:

He is making strides to secure our border, even making a national emergency declaration to try and secure funding to enforce the border and even forcing Mexico's hand to secure their own. Btw, on the wall, usually neighbors split the cost. I'd be happy with that. I'd also be happy just having a wall regardless of who pays for it. My own yard is a testament to the value of high walls, even though I had to pay for it.

And specific...
I support Trump because:

He lowered my federal taxes with his new tax code.

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
No, I'm simply giving you and whomever a venue to give us reasons why we should vote for democrats. You've posted several reasons why we shouldn't support Trump so here's your chance to tell us why we should support any of his opponents and / or those running, but not for POTUS.

Anybody can complain.... as we see daily about Trump... true or not. I'll look over what you post here. If nothing else, I'm thinking it may be refreshing to hear you say something positive.

Btw, you can't blame "turtle" if you can't blame democrats for thwarting Trump's agenda. You can't have it both ways. I understand that it does take more than a majority to get bills passed (as we see today in Oregon), so I have no such claim as "they had both chambers and the WH so...."

I have voted for democrats before. Curious, you ever voted for a republican in a major race?

Edit: On your link they don't differentiate between what passed the House and died thereafter to what actually passed into law or something meaningful, do they? That's gonna make it harder. Try thinking of something you hate Trump for and why the democrats' solution is better. It doesn't have to be a law, but should be a clear reason why we should support the democrat idea over the republican or Trump idea. I mean, it's not like I'm gonna give Trump credit for SAYING Mexico will pay for the wall since that hasn't happened. So the House passing bills that end up DOA is like Trump saying Mexico will pay for it. Proof is in the pudding, no?
Mitch the turtle singly decides what will be heard by the senate, that is very much different than working the floor for another 7 to allow it to go to vote. And anything in that list that shows "Passed House" is on the turtle's desk.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
diesails posts make a pretty compelling argument that the democratic party has little to nothing to offer American citizens.

Conversely the democrats are a dream come true for Illegal Aliens.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mitch the turtle singly decides what will be heard by the senate, that is very much different than working the floor for another 7 to allow it to go to vote. And anything in that list that shows "Passed House" is on the turtle's desk.
Ah, so different rules when judging the republicans, democrats and Trump. Got it. Unlike you, I don't lay any of it squarely at any one person's feet. As planned, our system of government doesn't give any one person that much power to do. It actually gives individuals and parties more power to block than to pass. But that's a different topic. I really was just looking for all those opinionated leftists to tell us what it is they support rather then the same old "I hate this", "Boo Trump."

I can list the things I support and where each party in general falls on that topic. Same with Trump. And nobody is perfect, but for the most part those I agree with are not democrats. I can't tell what it is you support on the left. Barring the nutty leftist pushing for welfare for illegal invaders and such, I just wanna see what it is about the democrats of today (since Trump) are all about, besides simply being anti-Trump.

I supported many democrat policies of the past. I am hard pressed to find many of today I support. How about you.... or anyone reading this? I'll even give it a kick below, but know that each topic also has different weight. 2A is much more important to me than legal weed, for example.

1.) I support legalized weed feeling that in a free society people should be free to do whatever they like to their own bodies. Yay Dems, nay republicans for that.

2.) Same for abortion. Yay Dems, nay republicans for that.

3.) I also support that anybody should be able to marry anybody, so long as all parties are adults, of somewhat sound mind and in agreement. Again, yay Dems, nay republicans.

And I think that's about where me and the dems agree.

This really is not a trick question thread. Not as far as for me.

And the reason I started it was because of the times you (and others) say you disagree with the democrats on things like welfare for illegal aliens and that makes me wonder what do you AGREE with that you find them more desirable than the republicans that you vote them into power.

Btw, the reason I find most important to vote dems in is to keep republicans in check. They all get crazy with power. However, until the dems stop acting insane, I need a better reason(s).

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
Ah, so different rules when judging the republicans, democrats and Trump. Got it..
Not at all. If Chuck Schumer was the majority leader and he wouldn't let any republican bills past I would say same about him. And if turtle where to let the bills to the floor and they fail because the Senate democrats didn't reach across the isle and get enough support I would say that the democrats failed, in the same way I said Obama was not an effective president because he failed to reach across the isle and get more done.

So when you have one man that makes remarks like

Mitch McConnell: If Trump loses in 2020, I'm blocking everything
it becomes very clear where what is holding up anything the dems do.

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
diesails posts make a pretty compelling argument that the democratic party has little to nothing to offer American citizens.

Conversely the democrats are a dream come true for Illegal Aliens.
So, clearly you didn't bother to examine any of the bills from the Dems first 100 days in the house. Guess your mind is made up.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
So, clearly you didn't bother to examine any of the bills from the Dems first 100 days in the house. Guess your mind is made up.
Looking at the BIG picture far beyond what the house currently may have going.

Your lame list vs numerous posts griping about R's to me demonstrates there really is very little if anything to the democrats other than being the Santa Claus party of free Schit.

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Still off topic: All legislation offered by the house since the left took charge has been nonsense with no chance of actually being made law. They put these cartoons up so they can tell their base "look we tried but the right won't let us". I'd rather look at what they actually did when they had control of both chambers and the presidency, it's a very short list ACA.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...All legislation offered by the house since the left took charge has been nonsense with no chance of actually being made law...
That's perfect! And that's the way I look at "Mexico will pay for it" or "Reparations". Purely nonsense. Much like what the House Dems have been doing since they took the House.

Republicans have voted in some states to honor Constitutional Carry. I support that.

They have also made traffic cam tickets illegal. Again, I support that.

Diesail (and any others) that's all I'm looking for. I just wanna know:

Why should I support a democrat today or in the near future? :confuzeld

Fwiw, it was the Patriot Act specifically that made me stop supporting GW as I was already on the fence about his illegal war. Does not mean I was right, but that was what did it for me. I wonder what it will take for the Democrats of today to do to lose Diesail :confuzeld

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
That's perfect! And that's the way I look at "Mexico will pay for it" or "Reparations". Purely nonsense. Much like what the House Dems have been doing since they took the House.

Republicans have voted in some states to honor Constitutional Carry. I support that.

They have also made traffic cam tickets illegal. Again, I support that.

Diesail (and any others) that's all I'm looking for. I just wanna know:

Why should I support a democrat today or in the near future? :confuzeld

Fwiw, it was the Patriot Act specifically that made me stop supporting GW as I was already on the fence about his illegal war. Does not mean I was right, but that was what did it for me. I wonder what it will take for the Democrats of today to do to lose Diesail :confuzeld
I like you have voted for both Democrats and Republicans but unlike you I will demonize an entire party, but rather vote for the better person. Going into 2016 I made the statement several times that I was ready for a good conservative in the Oval Office. But trump just isn't that person. He is a POS through and through and while you may not see it he is doing more harm than good to this country and history will show it.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like you have voted for both Democrats and Republicans but unlike you I will demonize an entire party, but rather vote for the better person. Going into 2016 I made the statement several times that I was ready for a good conservative in the Oval Office. But trump just isn't that person. He is a POS through and through and while you may not see it he is doing more harm than good to this country and history will show it.
So is that the reason I should support a Democrat for 2020 POTUS, because he isn't Trump? Or, because you vote for the person and not the party, is it likely you could support Trump for 2020 if there's no better Dem? Wait, I'm pretty sure you said earlier in these threads that any of the Dems running are better than Trump. If so, why?

Again, not a trick question. I just wanna know why I or anybody should support any Democrat. :confuzeld

·
Premium Member
17,840 Posts
1) Affordable Care Act
2) Paris Accord
3) Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (Iran Nuclear Deal)
4) NAFTA

1 - 20 of 173 Posts