Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 lly stock except for no cat and no muffler and i was wondering why i cant get the deep rumble of the lb7 ??

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
turbo noise. Turn the vanes down at idle and the rumble comes back.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly are the vanes and how would i go about turning them down? im kinda new to the diesel thing so i dont know alot about them except for that mine sounds like a blow dryer and its not nearly as loud as i would like it to be

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
LLY engines have a variable vane turbo which means that the vanes on the compressor wheel rotate changing the pitch of vanes. You may notice every now and then right when you start it up it has a deep rumble then the trubo shifts position and it sounds like shhhhhh. Mine does it I have 4" turbo back. I am not sure how to adjust them except maybe the use of a boost controller which I do not have.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
You can control them by having a custom ECM program made or by tuning it yourself with EFI live.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do i tune it with the efi live and will it have any power effect if i adjust it ?

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
LLY engines have a variable vane turbo which means that the vanes on the compressor wheel rotate changing the pitch of vanes. You may notice every now and then right when you start it up it has a deep rumble then the trubo shifts position and it sounds like shhhhhh. Mine does it I have 4" turbo back. I am not sure how to adjust them except maybe the use of a boost controller which I do not have.
EGR, not the turbo. Try it at home. disconnect the egr, hisss. With EGR connected, codes removed, rumbles on and off

Of course, the turbine interfaces with the egr.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
sorry turbine side thats what i dreamt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.