Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I am kinda new at this, but I really would like to here what you think about my problem. This is a puzzel. I have a 95' 6.5 with a new turbo, new PMD on a remote mount, exaust, chip, gauges, lifted 6" w/35's. I have a hard miss around 23 to 2500 rpm. I sometimes push up to 20 lb of boost. It mainly does this miss, or whattever it is, while under pressure, klimbing or towing, but sometimes just while regular driving. Any help would be greatly taken into consideration. thanx boys and girls!:grd: what is the problem?

·
Registered
301 Posts
First things first. As all will make mention you will need to update your sig to let the board know what you have. Secondly, try the FAQ or try a search and you will probably find your answer.

Since I was new once I will save you some time and suggest that you have a bad OPS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Isaac,
My '95 did the exact same thing amd after a lot of trial and error I found the culprit. I changed the Fuel Filter, OPS, and Lift Pump, all never helped my miss. Finally I found the problem was my "Fuel Pump Driver" it's the little black box on the side of the fuel injection pump, inside of it is only 2 relays, but that little box costed me $350! Just something to keep in mind. The guys here are really helpful, good luck

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Wish my truck had a Miss - or, even a willing Mrs. ..........;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
My truck was acting like it was missing at high RPM's when the accesory belt was stretched. To test yours take it off and spin it around the block.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
@ 20 psi boost, you aren't going to be worrying about problems with the engine for very long!:eek:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I sometimes push up to 20 lb of boost.
On a stock compression engine? Is your boost gauge accurate? If so, I would forget about the miss and start looking for a new engine.

But seriously - are all of your injectors in good shape - a sticking injector may sound like a miss.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I sometimes push up to 20 lb of boost.
:eek:

Be Afraid! Be Very Afraid!! With that kind of boost, I wonder if you are running out of fuel and having a lean miss. Why would you want to run so much boost anyway? The factory pump isn't going to put out enough fuel to match the boost you are making without some MAJOR mods. Try dialing your boost down to around 12psi and your truck might run better. If your guage is accurate and you continue to run 20psi, may I suggest you begin ordering a new long block because it will probably be delivered around the time your engine pukes out a piston or 3, or the block cracks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My truck was acting like it was missing at high RPM's when the accesory belt was stretched. To test yours take it off and spin it around the block.
What accessory belt?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Mine did this when the lift pump wasn't running. And we all know the reasons that lift pumps quit pumping.

OH BTW you might want to keep that boost down a bit lower, just in case you hadn't heard that yet, and A signature would be nice too to help us help you better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts