Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some lifted trucks that sit higher in the front than in the back. I've just seen them driving down the road, so I don't know what brand or type of lift they have. It just looks odd to me and I was curious as to why they sit like that.
I am currently looking at a truck that does the same thing and it has a Rancho 4" lift. Sometimes, it appears to be level and others, it appears that the front is slightly higher. It was getting dark when I looked at it, so I couldn't see all of the components. When it was light enough to see, I was looking underneath to see if I could see any leaks anywhere and not paying much attention to the suspension. The sales manager pissed me off a little with their offer, so I might not go back and look at it again. If I do, it will be in the daylight...lol.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The front lifted higher is a style some people like, I think they call it the Cali-lean. The reason that the front sits higher is usually because they added less lift in the rear as they did in the front so it doesn't sit as level.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Some ppl like it that way so they build it that way, It has nothing to do with what type of lift they have. Its about how they set their lift.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Or you could drive a ford. For some reason they always have the lean.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Seems like something you always see down south, Florida and texas trucks?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah, it's big in the south too. We call it stinkbuggin' (or ridin stinkbug). All the Fords do it cause their leafs out back suck and they start to sag pretty quick.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uh oh!!!! This thread again!!!
My apologies. I thought it was something potentially wrong with the lift on the truck I was looking at and the way it was done or something that I could fix with some blocks or something. I didn't mean to start a battle or flame a certain truck style/lift style.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Here we go.... grab some popcorn and a few beers. This is gonna get good again. Let the :boxing: begin

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I always thought that there was something wrong also. I knew that there couldn't be that many guys hauling 2 tons of gravel in the bed of their trucks. I would ask myself " why would you spend all that money on a lift and not make sure it was right." Now I know.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
I was told it's the "Cali Lean". Desert trucks and trophy trucks are done like that for a reason and it just became a look.
The east coast tends to lean the other way with the tail up.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Level for me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was told it's the "Cali Lean". Desert trucks and trophy trucks are done like that for a reason and it just became a look.
The east coast tends to lean the other way with the tail up.

its their way of tring to look like a desert runner...
high travel in the front and low center of gravety in the back fro more control while jumping the truck....personally i hate the look.. if your not in that specific racing class... why do it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My son and I saw a Chevy gasser around Elkton, KY Saturday that was probably 4" higher in the front. Looked pretty silly if you asked me, but to each his own. None of my trucks sag that much with 20,000 lbs. behind them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.