Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, that's very nice, but $2400 is a lot to pay for a longblock that's missing some of the most expensive (and critical wear) parts - namely the entire fuel system including pump and injectors!
Notice that big hole at the top rear of this photo?

That's where the injection pump goes! No rails, no injectors, no pump! No thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Um, I thought the injectors were inside the heads, and since you gotta remove the valve cover to get to them, me thinks it still has the physical injectors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just checked with the seller. The engine does come with the injectors.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Nope, Wickedsprint, the injectors are under the valve covers, but protude through all those empty holes in the valve covers on this engine. No injectors, no rails, no pump, no ECM injection computers, this engine is missing about $8,000 to $10,000 worth of hard-to-obtain parts - no bargain!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
The lines to the injectors protude through the head, but not the physical injectors themselves, that engine has the injectors hoss.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Less you have any more concerns, look at a cutaway, the injectors are practically buried in the head, you are confused with the lines, you can CLEARLY see the threaded couple on the injector where it connects to the line that protrudes though the valve cover.
Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
17 Posts
Idle Chatter,

The seller confirmed that the engine does come with the injectors. Wickedsprint is correct, it's just the lines and the conector that protrude through the cover. The injectors themselves are under the valve cover.

Edited by: BVoyles

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys did not mean to start a heated debate. I just thought that one could buy this motor with new injectors for the same price or thereabouts as a set of new injectors. Then sell the rest, or build it to take 60psi of boost with some BIG injectors and have yourself a SUPERMAX!!! That is if you don't melt the pistons/heads in the process.
Edited by: DOLIVER

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
2400 won't get it. Its at 3450 an reserve is not met yet, suprise!!!!!!!

Geno

1 - 10 of 10 Posts