Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be looking for an in dash dvd/nav for my 04. Any brands better than others? If you have pics I'd like to see them.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Look in my garage, i have the Kenwood 8017.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
:iamwithst Like he said Pioneer Avic Z1 I love mine. plus I have sirius & XM radio it has a built in 10gig hard drive cd/dvd player backup camera and is mostly touch screen, and to the best of my knowledge still has the largest screen of any in dash radio. What more could you want?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to mention you can go here for a great website that has tons of info on the pioneer avic series. Avic411.com

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just installed the factory Delphi Nav. system and I really like it...compatable with onstar and XM.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I run my dvd player through my TNR factory nav screen . Look in my garage for pics

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
C.A.P;1586275; said:
I run my dvd player through my TNR factory nav screen . Look in my garage for pics
What did you use for an interface? How hard was it to wire?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I run the factory TNR LUX NAV and amp with two additional rear tweeters. I have a 1/2 DIN DVD player mounted in the lower cubby playing through the NAV head at anytime, as well as a rear mounted camera coming on screen while in reverse. I could not be more pleased. XM, Onstar and steering wheel controls are all functional.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Pioneer avh7500dvd touchscreen with avic 88 dvd nav along with factory bose and rear seat controls (total of 3 separate tuners)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
C.A.P;1586275; said:
Me Too! All my parts are listed in garage as well. CAP did this first and used the navtec from a guy on ebay, it's the same thing but seems less expensive than the PAC audio for the video interface.PAC was great sending me a new unit because I had no video 1.

I like my DVD player because it's the only one that does USB jumpdrive, mp3, avi, divx, jpg, and DVD - + R and RW's. It's the new Myron and Davis 3/4 din.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I also have my back-up camera wired in mine on Wendy

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
windowbarn;1587888; said:
I was looking at this nav system on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Factory-DVD-NAV-System-w-Disk-Escadale-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQihZ016QQitemZ260084020676QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Does anyone know if that system would work on a gmc sierra 2005?? I'm sorta new to this, is that all that i would need to make it work??? Thanks

It should only if you have a Bose system now and upgrade to a lux amplifier. You stock Bose system will not work with it as it is. All the non touch screen radios came from trucks with that Luxury amp, like Dennalis and Escalades.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Okay..thanks guys for the information :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
DINO ONE;1585313; said:
Pionner Avic Z1 here and I love it!:D
hey on the Z1 does the unit cut its features whle your driving.. example dailing an address or point of intrest?. i was told there a safe mode while in motion??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
matt10;1613940; said:
hey on the Z1 does the unit cut its features whle your driving.. example dailing an address or point of intrest?. i was told there a safe mode while in motion??

Thanks
Yes it does but there are three versions, goes by date code. Try to find one wiyh a date August and later and its just a matter of adding a wire and grounding it out. The later model also has updated bluetooth to eliminate echo. Right theyre preparing for the z2 release. The older z1's will be upgradeable to z2 simply by installing an update disc from Pioneeer.
Check here for more info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
anyone have a ETA on the Pioneer Z2?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
matt10;1623850; said:
anyone have a ETA on the Pioneer Z2?
Were being told mid May to early April and z-2 update disc for z-1 late April, this is what are supplier is saying.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts