Heading that way Saturday

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Trying to stay away....:D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wish I was.......I went last year on Saturdat and Sunday. Hd the fanzone passes for Sunday. It was great.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wish, I will be watching in on tv though drinking some cold pops if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I wish I could go. One day maybe...after I win the lottery!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
It'd be fun to go but the Wife doesn't like Racing in general.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
whenever i see the daytona 500 on TV the announcers are wearing parkas! i think i will watch on TV
What channel do you watch on:eek::eek: I can see an umbrella...but a parka...I dunno!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wish I was.......I went last year on Saturdat and Sunday. Hd the fanzone passes for Sunday. It was great.
this will be my 4th year doing both races...

i hated nascar up untill my first year going... now i follow it closely, and respect the sport...

there calling for rain sunday... 2 years ago it was like 45*... last year was mint.... 80 and sunny all weekend ..

·
Registered
330 Posts
whenever i see the daytona 500 on TV the announcers are wearing parkas! i think i will watch on TV
Yeah, but people in Florida wear parkas when it's 60......It was 48 here in northern IL last week and I saw a few guys wearing shorts.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
78 today, 82 tomorrow:D:D Might need a light sweater on the boat tomorrow:p:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here's a question. I remember as a kid watching on TV once in a while you would see a plane pulling a banner. Is there now a "No Fly Zone" over events like this to protect from some retard like "the Fan Man" (the Holifield fight in the early 90's) or even worse. Or is it simply better camara work that you no longer see them on TV?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Here's a question. I remember as a kid watching on TV once in a while you would see a plane pulling a banner. Is there now a "No Fly Zone" over events like this to protect from some retard like "the Fan Man" (the Holifield fight in the early 90's) or even worse. Or is it simply better camara work that you no longer see them on TV?
The helicopter flying over the track non stop ALL DAY has a camera that can read off a dime on the ground and nothing else! Seein as how the Daytona Beach Intl. Airport is litterally right beside the track, small planes with banners are far away in the back ground.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts