Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like them?any problems?does it help the tranny?what are your hottest temps in the 50 and 70 horse modes?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought the Superchips tuner, liked the tunes, had trouble getting the tunes to install, and kept getting Boost Overload DTC codes, Recieved and RMA number and sent it back to them to reprogram and do a diag on the tuner. I do like that the Superchips has a code reader on it. Have used it for just a code reader multiple times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I might,

I suggest the Bullydog new Power Pup Programmer. It offers 55, 80, & 95hp settings, or you can have it upgraded to 150hp for the upper setting for a bit more.

Plus, the Power pup has what the Superchips programmer has (ie DTC reader, limiter), but it also comes with a speedometer correcting software for oversized tires (Superchips doesn't). But that's not all (I sound like a late night tv advertisement), Bullydog will also set the programmer to "no timing" for those of you who want to stack performance devices.

If you interested, get in contact with me. I have the programmer plus a Van Aaken 110hp. It works great.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just installed the Hypertech in mine. It doesn't have an option to change shift firmness, but does read codes. I tried the 50hp level first, and felt a mild improvement. I then said screw it, and loaded up the 90hp. Holy sh*t! The thing flies... I spun up my 33's coming off a corner, and the trans speed-shifts to try to keep up. Even part throttle you can feel a lot better low-mid range.

I don't have an EGT gauge, so I can't tell you what it's temps were. The trans temp stayed below 150

1 - 4 of 4 Posts