Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday with 8k miles on the truck I decided to change the fuel filter. I did a combination of remove the battery and the fender liner so I could see everything and learn as much as I could since I had the time. First let me say that the placement of the filter SUCKS.
I couldn't even get my oil filter wrench on the filter because of the glow plug wiring harness. It didn't matter much because my filter wrench didn't fit anyway. It was after <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="0">6:00</st1:time> and most all auto part stores would have been closed so I had to southern engineer it. I took an old dress belt that is that woven leather pattern and threaded it behind the filter and slipped it through the buckle. Realized I did it backwards and turned it around the other way. Gave a little pull and the filter came loose. I was so impressed I decided to put the belt in my tool box rather than the closet. I will cut the filter later today or tomorrow and try and post the pictures. I felt some grit inside but couldn’t see any rust. I guess we will see. .

·
Registered
430 Posts
Cruz_Man...your filter will easily come out the top next time without removing the fender liner. Take a look at the procedure posted by Eric in his section. It worked great for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will defenetely be the plan next time but since this was the first time I wanted to see everything and have as much room as possible. Edited by: Cruz_Man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts