Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to invest in some. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I have the bullet proof kit. It's nice, but expensive. All kits are custom made to fit a particular truck. Downside is, once you install this kit you can't go back to the stock configuration.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I know a few people on here can make them and so can local machine shops...as for the best, I think they all do pretty-much the same job, it's just a matter of who you trust.

·
Registered
479 Posts
So far I like my fabtech's, but I've only had them on for about 200 miles or so. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
do they just screw over the stock tie rods?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yes, unless you get new tie rods, the sleeves simply fit over the top of the existing tie rods. They add a lot of strength so you don't bust the weak, thin stockers while pulling, launches...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Does Super Diesel have a website? I can't find any info about Tie Rod Sleeves from SD on the web.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thanks rcr1978, That works!

DEWFPO

·
Registered
843 Posts
I had the Cognito ones on my "02. They were very nice. They did not require drilling out of the knuckle mount. They used a tapered pin just like the factory. They also used replaceable heim joints.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I've had the Fabtech steering kit for about 6000mi.and have had Zero problems..I like it.I did lose a tiny bit of turning radius though..But well worth it in my opinion.):h

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Owners of the fabtech pitman/idler arm might want to read this:

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/hdsteering.html

i have the kit, as does my friend. his pitman arm broke friday backing out of parking spot. he has 265 tires/no lift... i'm going to contact them about getting mine replaced. don't want that to break going around a corner or down the freeway!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I have the Fabtech versions, been on for 10,000 miles and appear to be twice the size of the stockers. I run 37" Toyo's on 20" rims and the steering feel is way better. Don't opt for the pitman/idler arms they have as they are on recall

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts