Diesel Place banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
yeah, I could drive down there. All I do is drive for work, so distance generally isnt a problem.

And yeah, it would probably help if I attached the picture.....so everyone knows what i got.....

I'll give it a couple days to what if anyone closer can assist, if not we'll work something out.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have an extra I could send you to borrow, or give you in person this weekend. I am driving up Thursday night, flying out of BWI Friday morning (8:something flight for Detroit), returning Saturday (12:something PM), and staying in Annapolis until Sunday morning. Let me know, and I can grab it for you. Only problem is a bad fan switch (easy swap), and it is out of a 98, so the light harness is slightly different (lights don't work, all other functions do).

If you end up going with Ole's offer, I would be interested in a couple of those pins if you would like to sell them. Saves me the trouble of ordering and paying for more then I need. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
appreciate the offer, and I can mail you a couple pins.

Ole's offer is starting to look pretty good. Sometime next week or so I'l be working in Fairfax for a couple days so I'll be close to him, maybe swing by after work and try things out.

Offer is still open for anyone that wants to make one, though. See whats available around.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Scrufdog;1529413; said:
NEED A FAVOR

If anyone has a OBS style truck like mine with the HVAC controls the same as the ones in the attached picture, I need a favor.

My vent/floor/defrost vents have been acting funny and I want to see if the motor is flaking out or if the control panel is flaking out. I'd like to see if someone would meet up with me and let me pull their controls out and try them in mine to check.

For your inconvienance I can either throw some cash/beer/food or whatever at ya, or I can good ahead and install a high idle switch for you, since the dash panel will be off anyway. I have the wiring/switch/cpu harness pins needed to do this.

PM me if you can help. Thx
Hey Im not sure if you figured out your problem or not but I noticed that you have a aftermarket radio. Those HVAC controlls have an open circuit board and it is VERY common when installing a aftermarket radio to let either a RCA lead or the antenna adapter to drop down and touch an open trace on the board. There can be all types of problems depending on what gets fried. The best way to aviod this is to cover ALL exposed connections of the radio w/good electrical tape and to also "build" a cover to encase the bare circuit board. hope this helps.

sometimes the leads are repairable and are normally very obvious when you pull the controlls out.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
havent done anything with it yet, but I'll keep an eye on that when I pull it out.

Thx

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
jac, when you get back I need to to take a look at your PCM harness. There are 2 possible pins for it. 1 type looks square, and the other looks square but has a piece that sticks up. One way to describe it is one looks like a square O, the other looks like a squared lowercase d

·
Registered
566 Posts
I should be here all week long.

I also have aftermarket radio that is quite cumbersome, it has a video screen and xm radio and all those wires stuffed up in there. I noticed last night that the dash lights on the fan speed no longer work. I must have knocked something around too much when I installed the XM radio last week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ericm,
where do you live in DE. I live outside of Camden 4 miles from the MD line.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hmm are we getting a few folks from DE in here? Maybe we should get together. I'm from outside of Harrington.

Nice looking ride DuraMAx02DEC! surprised I haven't seen it around yet.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
mvnvltn;1537813; said:
Sykesville Here!!!!!!!! :pimp:
My mom lives in Sykesville. Next time I'm in the area visiting her I'll let you know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i think i can mke that one,its only about 2 hours from me,hey dockboy ill make it only if you come to maryland international raceway on may 5 for the big rig nationals,going to be some pretty quick trucks there.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Denny's in York, PA.

I'll be there this Saturday, Jan 27th, if anyone is around. My girlfriends car club meets there around 8pm every Saturday. This is the last one I'll be there for a few months before I leave town for work.

It's the Denny's on Rt 30 about 3 miles west of I-83

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope the Grand Slam was good. I am a newbie to the site. So I am chimming in a bit late. Are there any hangouts around Columbia, Laurel, Sykesville? Any place for off road trails (preferably legal or with persion)?

101 - 120 of 159 Posts