Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get SEARCH to work.
If you haul a slide in camper what does it weigh? Got any pics?
What MPG do you get?
What speed do you usually cruise at?
Anything you don't like about hauling a camper with you DMAX Allison dually?
Thank You !

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i have a Arctic Fox 1160 camper 2008 love it. With the camper on the truck its #13500 i also put a 24 ft enclosed trailer behind it with a car or six atvs approximately 8k to 11k
FYI it is a dually would no do it with single wheel truck. i suck at putting photos on here be glad to text or email some to you

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
pulling the trailer i get 10 to 11.5 at 69 mph and depending on wind.Truck and camper only i can get up to 16 depending on wind and speed nothing much over 70 unless i have a good tail wind

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I love my Lance 950S camper. Get about 12-13 mpg doing 65-70.
My only advice is don't get too big especially with a single rear wheel.
There's a sticker in your glove box that says your max camper weight for your truck.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!
I should have mentioned I am planning on moving to a CC dually with a camper.
Currently we are towing a 23' TT and are ready to try something different.
I rarely go over 65 mph .

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
We had a Citation Truck camper and loved it. When we got the kids it was too small so wewent back to a fiver. I used a 2500 x/the 6.5 and it was all the truck wanted. I added a rear leaf and it helped a lot. I used the same 6.5 to pull a fiver. Can’t remember the numbers but the truck camper got better mileage thanthe fiver. The only time I went above 65mph was going downhill. When the kidsare off to college or whatever we’ll probably go back to a slide in and withthe 6.6 dually it should be a better combination.
Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Lance 1181. It has an 11’ 6” floor, one slideout, fully optioned and the tag on it says 4,700lbs. with full water and propane. It’s a beast. I get about 13mpg on the highway doing 65, 10mpg if climbing hills/mountains (obviously going a bit slower). I take it off road every time we go camping, and I like the fact it’s easy to park compared to a trailer. You lose space but I look at it as a fully optioned tent.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Thanks for the replies!
I should have mentioned I am planning on moving to a CC dually with a camper.
Currently we are towing a 23' TT and are ready to try something different.
I rarely go over 65 mph .
You need one with triple slides. There nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts