Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on guys, I know I'm not the only ford guy on here. Let see a raise of hands along with setups.

Tom

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
My neighbord just sold his 84 Bronco and bought a 73 Blazer.. does that count? it just went to the other neighbor so i can still see if from my house...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm a Ford Man, Not as new as yours, but I am with you.

Just getting started on Mods, Ceramic coated down pipe, 5" exhaust, Intercooler. Stage II injectors soon to follow, and I don't even have a chip yet. After that who knows, turbo, propane.

I am kinda working off the Hypermax 14 second excursion, when I get there I may back off.

Oh yeah I have a Gear vendor also, sweet! Single 53 gallon Fuel tank. Working on four wheel disk brake setup now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me, once you start you can't stop. It's just to much fun.

Tom

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Way back, I had a few Fords. My first three trucks were Ford. My first new truck was a Ford Ranger XLT Lariet F-150 4x2 I'll have to find a picture to prove I'm not fibben

·
Registered
1 Posts
At one time I owned a 1977 LTD for a winter beater car. I needed it because no way my S-10 with a V-8 was going to hold the road.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Hey ford guys, I work with a fellow that just bought a 00 C/C dually ford with the stroke in it, has a banks kit in it now (chip, exhaust, bighead acutator) he want to go faster, what would you rec to him as far as chips go, He is looking at superchips, edge, etc. How much will the E4OD hold? truck has 90k on it, its a lariet le, he gave 19k for it, good deal?

TIA

·
Registered
365 Posts
TOMHILL,

Chatted with some guys yesterday that inquired about the lemons on the sides of my Duramax. One fellow told me a story about his friend "Roger" who bought a Ford 6.0. It pucked up it's coolant from a leaky injector and he has not had the truck for almost a month.

Another fellow said his buddy also had trouble with a new Ford diesel and had lots of engine work under warranty.

My neighbor had a '99 Ford diesel that needed 6 clutch assemblies. They all needed "SETUPS" to keep their trucks running.

·
Registered
36 Posts

OK I was a Ford guy. Just got the DMAX 4 months ago. I still ride with my friend in his Ford. Does that count for any thing?
Con's Performance Chips
2200 Overland
Burley Id. 83318
208-431-0835
http://www.consperformancechips.com

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

Here is a fine looking Ford at the pullsEdited by: hdmax

·
Registered
612 Posts
we had a Ford back in 1965 ... pretty good vehicle but haven't had one since ....
... Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dmaxalliTech said:
Hey ford guys, I work with a fellow that just bought a 00 C/C dually ford with the stroke in it, has a banks kit in it now (chip, exhaust, bighead acutator) he want to go faster, what would you rec to him as far as chips go, He is looking at superchips, edge, etc. How much will the E4OD hold? truck has 90k on it, its a lariet le, he gave 19k for it, good deal?

TIA

As far as price goes that seems like he got a deal, depending on condition of course. 4r100 will take a lot of abuse. I know mine has. However it will not last by just hiking up the line pressure. I chipped my truck at about 20k miles, added shift kit at 21k miles and then propane at 25k. It has 76k miles on it now and it's a 2001. It depends on how fast he wants to go and how much money he wants to spend. I will recommend that whatever he does please, please for the sake of the tranny add a Transgo kit. I put one in after I chipped it because my tranny was already a mush meal to begin with and all the chip really did was change shift points. I actually pulled and drilled the transgo calibration plate a second time after I installed it to firm up the shift even more. If he plans on keeping the truck for a while and wants it chipped, I will recommend that he just gets a larger converter. I'm personally going with Suncoast for mine. Unfortunately you cannot just chip a ford without making a modification to the tranny so it will last. Some will argue with me on that point. Electronics will only do so much without the help of hardware. Tell him to get an adjustable chip from either from Bill http://www.dieselpowerchips.com or from David http://www.dieselinnovations.com. Make sure he gets the OMG setting.
Edited by: TomHill

·
Registered
434 Posts
Add TS performance to that list. Bill at dieselpowerchips.com uses TS chips with his special programming. I am super happy with the TS, it burns the tires when it shifts to second
It will blow his banks kit away. You do not want to run propane with any of those chips unless you get a custom burn to use propane with. Too much timing+propane= broken rods. Like Tom said the stock tranny is not very good at holding that power. If he wants to go fast for a really long time tell him to check into a BTS or Suncoast tranny. Do a converter and shift kit at least.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:

TIA

I'll second (or third., or whatever) getting a BTS 9or Suncoast) tranny & dieselpower flip chip (TS & DI are good, too).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Me I am a Ford guy, I like the Olds cars and I own 2, I will drive a GM car but I only own Ford trucks!

Tom Cat

·
Banned
328 Posts
I've have 2 fords, I like them. Only truck I don't ever keep is the Dodge. We buy them, work on them, sell them. They make killer power, but the truck just doesn't fit me. The new 6L is a bad boy! It won't be as fast as the fastest DMax, but it sure is smooth and has ltos of room, and you can tell its 4x4!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I got an old 1973 Ford 4500 Industrial backhoe.

And it's a diesel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts