Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got my TTT Mirrors just before Christmas and today was a good in the garage day to get them installed. Worked off the instruction sheet and ripped out all the panels and components to hook up the additional lighting on my 2001. Things went great until I got to the passenger side running light (yellow wire connection). The instructions are NOTHING like what's under my passenger fuse panel. I was a bit nervous about the tap location for the driver's side,when there were no "two brown wires" located next to the indicated tap, but everything works except the running light on the passenger side. Where did you tap in for this on your 2001?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, just did some more research on the TTT web page and answered my own question:
Mirror part number affected: 1020.
Vehicle Model - Pre MY 2003 GMC, Chevrolet and Cadillac vehicles. Problem with
installation steps no. 31 and 32- No orange connector on passenger side?

On the passenger side fuse panel, your vehicle may not have an orange connector to attach the passenger side mirror yellow wire.
The yellow wire operates the clearance light function on the mirror, so this needs to be wired into a suitable vehicle circuit.
Extend the yellow wire by another six feet so it can reach the circuit identified in step 31. This means that the yellow wire from both mirrors will be wired into the same circuit.

Wish I'd known that about an hour ago!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after some food, rest, t.v. and a brewski I went back out in the garage and ran and connected the new cross-wire. The TTT mirrors are pretty cool. I even coerced my weathertite ventshades down under the larger mount. Looking forward to seeing how they improve my view on the way to work in the morning. (And to seeing how close the clearance is when I back out of the garage at 0530!)

·
Registered
958 Posts
You're gonna love them.. Be glad you got the weathertite ventshades and not the stick-on type. I had to throw mine away when I put the mirrors on.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been very happy with the Weathertites, Camstyn. I was a little disappointed when I realized how much further back the base of the TTT mirrors extend. But I managed to "stuff" the front edges of the shades up under the mirror mounts and although they make the window a bit tight, they are working fine so far. Garage door clearance is down to a couple of inches on either side - so I've got to watch that a bit more closely!

·
Registered
509 Posts
What are TTT mirrors? I have a 2001 Ext cab and the stock mirrors are pretty much useless for towing. Do these TTTs stick out farther and/or extend and retract. If yes, where can I find them and how much are they?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was all ready to say thanks until I saw the price! Wow. Guess I need to check them out though. Thanks much for the info.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that last bit - not my call!
Since I've only been towing "light" (my little 6x12x6 box trailer and a few U-Hauls) I've been getting by with my factory mirrors. I saw the TTTs on John Kennedy's truck at the Grand Rapids diesel day and decided to spring for a pair for my truck. Up until now, the "hot ticket" in towing mirrors were the Lucerix. I don't know what they cost, as I was never interested. The TTTs are sure a quality item and I'm very happy with them so far. They'll really get a test when I hitch up my trailer and drag it to Florida for two weeks in February.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts