Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to diesels this is my first. I own a 2011 duramax LML it has 125000 miles on it. I just took it to our cabin and there is a really steep 4x4 grade we went down and when I got to the bottom about ½ mile of really slow and steep grade my truck was stumbling and puffing white smoke and no Power. I kept it running and slowly raised the idle and it finally cleared up and ran fine. No issues back home about 100 miles. Any ideas what happened? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Possible bad injector.
Check the coolant level in the reservoir.
Per GM TSB PI0235D, loose and/or misaligned exhaust clamp joints at the turbo downpipe can cause white smoke, a fuel smell, and fluid on the exhaust system. This is due to the fuel from the hydrocarbon injector (HCI) leaking from the joints.
Some dilution is normal for DPF equipped engines. Regeneration cycles will cause some fuel to leak past the piston rings in the cylinder and drain into the oil. Normal oil change intervals are critical for this reason. LML engines use a “Hydrocarbon Injector”, AKA “9th Injector”, to inject fuel directly into the exhaust stream post turbo. This helps greatly to extend engine oil life.
Leak at the high pressure pump drive shaft seal.
There’s endless possibilities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts