Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is what it looks like coming out the back of my 2001 duramax with 117000 miles. Some say its injectors, some say turbo gone bad. I don't know. Have no warranty. Salvage title. I do have a turbo from an 2004.5 duramax. If it is the turbo can I get this turbo to fit. Thanks everyone for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
how is it runningwhile its smoking is is very likely that its injectors. are all intercooler hoses still attached air and fuel filters clean?
a bad tubo will most of the time cause black smoke due to amount of unburned fuel caused by low boost condition. need more input. any balance rate readings available?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it taken to the best injector/turbo shop in a 6 county radius. Bubba said, no joke, its injectors simply because its the old style and nothing else seems to be wrong. Today a friend of my brother in law who works on all the diesels for the state looked at it, drove it a little ways, saw all the smoke , came back and felt the turbo, felt cold. Said he could smell and see raw fuel out the tailpipe. He thinks it the turbo. I'm in CA and the truck is in GA. If it is the turbo, I have the one mentioned earlier. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts