Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning started up the truck let it warm up for 15 or 20 mins took off and a mile down the road cruzin about 60 my truck knock alittle then a BIG puff of white smoke came out anyone know WTF my stupid trucks problem is also it has been throwing a code P0087 which is low fuel rail pressure do I have a bad injector?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
White smoke tells me that there is water in the fuel possibly. When it reach the combustion chamber, it doesn't combust, it turns into steam and out the tail pipe. This is just a guess though. I would think it has something to do with your fuel system. When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
How many miles do you have on your truck? How often do you change your fuel filter? A signature would better assist you, not only here in this section, but all around. Are we working on a 6.5L, 6.6, LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, etc.?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Miles and ambient temp have a lot to do with the white smoke.Mine blows white exhaust fer a few minutes at warm up first thing in the mornin for a few minutes ,then its gone.AS far as warmed up temps on trany and engine ,it gets to operating temps no more puff exhaust for me any how.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you were right just took the truck to the dealer and as soon as I got there deisel just start dumping for the truck but not out of the filter it was coming out of the passenger side low on the engine I guess i will find out here in the next couple of day what a piece of ----- thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts