Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get gauges soon for my 02 LB7. The best price i have found is at dieselmanor.com They have a 2 gauge kit that comes with white face Isspro gauges 30lb boost with T-fitting that mounts in the waste gate actuator hose, 1500' pyro with hi-temp inconel thermocople, full a-pillar mount, and wires for lighting. Price $214.00 Is that a good deal? Has anybody ordered from here before?

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I remember correctly, the lly does not have a wastegate because of the VVT. You will have to drill/tap into the intercooler piping pre turbo.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
He said he has an 02 LB7 so he does have a wastegate and teeing into it should be fine.

On Edit: Why drill and tab pre turbo, there would be no boost pre turbo just suction?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is $214.00 a good price? Is isspro gauges anygood? Anybody???????

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes, it's a good price. I'm running the EXACT same setup from the EXACT same company with one exception...mine's an LLYand I DID tap the intake manifold post turbo...work's as advertised and I prefer their color scheme with the yellow/red pyro over the autometer...just personal preference.
The biggest mystery on your installation will be where to tap your dimmer switch for gauge lighting. My LLY was tapped at the gauge cluster plug behind the panel (brown/white wire). Your's may or may not be different.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you get detailed instrucions on how to install and hook up all the wires?
Yes, it's a good price. I'm running the EXACT same setup from the EXACT same company with one exception...mine's an LLYand I DID tap the intake manifold post turbo...work's as advertised and I prefer their color scheme with the yellow/red pyro over the autometer...just personal preference.
The biggest mystery on your installation will be where to tap your dimmer switch for gauge lighting. My LLY was tapped at the gauge cluster plug behind the panel (brown/white wire). Your's may or may not be different.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you get detailed instrucions on how to install and hook up all the wires?
I did not get any detailed instructions on the wiring. I found all of that on this website. Their kits come with the wiring harness so all you need to do is to tap into the dimmer and then a power source.

If you decide to purchase it from there using the gauge packages, make sure that you put down in the comments section of your order that you want the to substitute the "blue" bulb covers for the green. Thanks to TurboBeagleBuggy you'll find that the blue bulb covers will be an exact night lighting match. Also, if you don't like the colored pyro gauge, you can tell them you want the non colored one. Don't forget your primer and paint also.

·
Registered
363 Posts
That sounds like a good price. I think mine was in the 240 range which include primer and paint for the plastic overlay. As for as power I didn't have to tap into any wires. I found extra power plugs in the relay box under the dash. I put female wire clips on the hot and dimmer wire and plugged them in and it works great, even the dimmer switch. I need to wire in inline fuses but haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Now that I think about it you wanted the white gauges, the bulb covers are for the black faced gauges. I think that the white one's cannot be changed so I guess forget what I said about the covers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys..................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts