Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about 106,000 miles on my 2500 hd, about at 90,000 when idling for 10 or more minutes when I took off nothing but white smoke for about 2 minutes. also when I get down on the throttle first white smoke then black smoke and then it clears up. I leaning towards injectors but don't know for sure. 200,000 warrenty asked dealer they say I have a $100.00 deductable,that doesn't sound right any one else have the injectors changed out have to pay this deductable?:eek:
:help:

·
Registered
193 Posts
100 dollar deductible is valid it is the amount you pay after 3year 36,000 mile warranty is up. does your truck start ok if not, its poss you have a glow plug problem but it is most likely you need injectors if so they will change all 8.
also check your oil overfull? poss fuel in oil definite ijectors asap.
good luck.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
100 dollar deductible is valid it is the amount you pay after 3year 36,000 mile warranty is up. does your truck start ok if not, its poss you have a glow plug problem but it is most likely you need injectors if so they will change all 8.
also check your oil overfull? poss fuel in oil definite ijectors asap.
good luck.
Au contraire if for the 01 ~ 02 LB7s (you guys really should post what you have/drive in your signature to help us to help you:rant: ) My letter says '..... with no charge to the customer'. GMs Special Policy covers injector in aforesaid trucks for certain kinds of failures ~ therefore the standard warranty w/its $100 deductible wouldn't apply. Elevate it and you should win ~ there are those that say 'well, look how much you are saving' but rolling over by meekly submitting to the unjust deductible perpetuates an injustice for all of us. 60yrs ago it was: '.... ask not for whom the bells tolls....'. It is no less relevant today.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for your advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts