Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my truck is an 01 dmax 2500, with 54,000 miles, lately I have noticed a whine sound taking off from a stop, the sound follows the rpm of the engine, I have checked power steering pump fluid level...ok, also I have checked the tranny fluid level...ok. The sound reminds me of the same sound power steering pumps make when they are low on fluid.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Mine has whined from day one,for mercy..... Just kidding .... It is a characteristic of the Allison transmission, more prominent in cold climates .... I do notice it alot more this time of the year in first gear primarily .... Unless this is some new noise,all of a sudden, I wouldn't be concerned ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello

I have that sound also . The video tape about the Allision

I received when I bought my Truck explained all the different

cluncks ,whines ect. If you don,t have video tape maybe the

Dealer can Help you .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the truck for going on two years, there has always been very little whine, however it is MUCH more pronounced now, and yes it is most noticable in first gear when it is cold out, I just wonder why now the sound is louder? Note, the truck runs flawless, its just a noise level that is different. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMP REPLY, THIS IS GREAT PLACE TO BE!!!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Should have been on DVD. I had a hard time finding a VCR to watch that tape. Amazing how PVR's and DVDs spoil you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts