Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please HELP!

I have done alot of reading. ALOT.
So please try to refrain from providing links to previous posts!
Reading them 2x's wont change my level of deciviness!

I have spent days reading the posts here and have not come to a conclusion as to which unit I should buy.

I really don't want to be hassled with replacing it every other week, or writing my own programs.

Ultimate HP is not my goal,
Extra HP that is reliable, and that will not destroy my drivetrain, with an optional MPG map would be ideal.

I like the stock torque below 2000 rpm, but would like more HP on the highway, and more top speed.
Stock it seems to fall on its face around 90 mph.

I have a new LBZ, which will also be getting 4 inch exhaust, 8 inch lift and 36 inch rubber.

The programmer/s I purchase primarilly must be reliable, and idealy have:

- 1) speed derestrictor (governor)
- 2)Multi gauge
- 3)multi map, change on the fly.
- 4)one map for MPG,
- 4)another map for whatever the tranny will stand without major mods other than the Transgo JR.

5) speedo corrector would be nice, or ability to indicate accurate speed on its own multi display.

Oh yeah, abilty to read trouble codes would be great too!

I'm thinking Edge Attitude/ Juice , or Bully Dog.

EFI would be nice but I really want a display module with multi guages, and I'm not really interested in writing maps.

Is the edge really that unreliable?

Thanks!

Lyle.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Based on what you say you want..i would say go with the predator...and get your self a set a gauges..if you must have gauges built into your set up go with the edge..they are hit or miss on reliability...some guys have never had a problem...other are plaugued...but they seem to be working in the right direction for a problem free unit...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Have studied this issued for months. My conclusion? I'm going with the Hypertech III. Why? 1. Safe for the truck (including towing) in all 3 settings 2. Fuel Mileage increases 3. Great price

·
Registered
289 Posts
Predator does all of that except change on-the-fly.

Anyone know about the Banks 6 gun (speed loader)? will it do all of that?

Last option, which is more expensive but leaves you the most options, is to get EFI live with DSP2 switch and have someone on here (McRat would be able to or tell you who can) write you 2 tunes, one for HP and one for MPG... acutally they can probably write you ONE tune that does both...

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the Hypertech III, I am thrilled with the results, I have a light foot and commute mostly freeway(not bumper to bumper slow) picked up about 4 MPG and 70 HP, bought online for $281 no tax and free ship

2007 2500HD LT3

·
Registered
169 Posts
07lbz4rme - Where did you buy your tuner?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I think the banks pda does everything you want except the MPG and the speed govenor..........plus you can get the TomTom gps software for it and have gps built in.........
I had this setup on my 05' truck and it worked perfect.

E

·
0 Posts
John LegionST;1588354; said:
Predator does all of that except change on-the-fly.

Anyone know about the Banks 6 gun (speed loader)? will it do all of that?

Last option, which is more expensive but leaves you the most options, is to get EFI live with DSP2 switch and have someone on here (McRat would be able to or tell you who can) write you 2 tunes, one for HP and one for MPG... acutally they can probably write you ONE tune that does both...

Good luck.
No time frame for LBZ switching at this stage, although we have had some good reports about increased MPG, street manners and HP in the one tune.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
235 Posts
07lbz4me;1588412; said:
I got the Hypertech III, I am thrilled with the results, I have a light foot and commute mostly freeway(not bumper to bumper slow) picked up about 4 MPG and 70 HP, bought online for $281 no tax and free ship

2007 2500HD LT3

at what speeds did you pick up the mpg, and what kind of mpg are you getting now????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts