Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the tranny installed about 12,000 agao and when i put the tranny in we used amsoil torq drive. Not sure if i like my results.... When I hook up to the 28 ft. enclosed trailer the tranny really starts to act funny and when it shifts from 2-3 or 3-4 it lays down and will not shift out. I really notice it when I am runnin the truck at 7,000 plus in elevation. If I get back home at sea level it does it once in awhile but not all the time it seems like it acts up more when it is colder out. Once in awhile it will act like it is in neutral when i go to take off at a stop light also. I heard from a local tranny shop that they would never run a any amsoil product.... This truck also gets pulled at a few truck pulls through out the year. What tranny fluid should I replace with and is this particular situation that i am running into the trans or the fluid that I am running?

Thanks
p.s. I checked with PPE and they claimed that it was due to a clogged fuel filter.... that dont sound right to me but I am not a tranny expert:help:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I'd agree on the filter problem. Also, check it for codes. Let us know what codes you have and clear them. It is not the fluid.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does the fuel filter have to do with the tranny? not saying it wrong just wondering.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My buddy's truck would hang in gear when at wide open throttle. Changed the fuel filter and all was well. He thought he was gonna have to get a new trans.:eek: When was the last time you changed your filter? I'm pretty sure they need to be changed every 10,000 mi.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which tranny filter there is two of them correct? (internal and external)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
262 Posts
Buy the gallon jug and 4-6 filters with a built tranny a $12 filter would be cheap insurance IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts