Which set-up??

• Edge/Attitude w/ exaust

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking for comments and expeinces with the above set-ups. I use my truck daily around town, and tow almost every weekend either my 20 foot flat bed or my dad's 30 foot WW. I am looking for the best overall performance as well as safety. I will not have the money to upgrade my allsion anytime soon so If I go with the edge/attitude I will have to keep the power level at 1-2 when towing correct? I will also be running intake/exaust no matter what in order to help keep EGT's down.

What set-up have you had experience with good or bad and do you wish that you had donw things differently now?

Remember that I am not racing my truck or worried about making crazy power #'s just reliable pullin power!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
standard 90 hp juice, no more for serious towing IMHO

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anyone who has any comments or had experience with both of these set-ups they would like to share? What if I used the banks components but the six-gun tuner instead of the ottomind?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT

anyone else have comments on their vote??

·
Registered
616 Posts
Chaps, either are both very capable products. I think the juice/attitude combo will definitely garner the most votes since it is very popular with most of the people on this forum, but the Banks Stinger TLC kit is what I am running and I have to say I am thrilled with it. I am a lot like you in the fact that I am not racing or looking to kill my transmission. I wanted a product that would give me a little more oomph when I am towing, and it does just that! I've also noticed a slight increase in MPG both towing and not. The juice is probably a lot easier to install and remove (warranty issues) than the Banks system, but it's just a matter of preference. If I had to do it all over again, I would be hard pressed not to choose the juice/attitude combo, but I am not at all disappointed with the Banks system, and their customer service was great when I ordered it...I have never had to call them back, as I have not had a need to...no problems! Either product will more than satisfy your needs!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot bartman, It does seem that the juice/attitude combo is favored by many and it is easy to install/remove so its nice to hear from someone on the "otherside". I am even more confused now that banks has released their six gun tuner with the stinger tlc kit.

Anyone have experience with the six gun yet?? Im gonna order a banks turbo back exaust in the next couple days and a pre-oem fuel fliter to keep me busy for a couple days while I continue to weight up my options so more comments are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TTT again

I see alot of votes but can those voting please explain their reasoning for their vote

Thanx again

·
Registered
939 Posts
I am very happy towing with my standard 90 juice. I tow on level 1 most of the time and it gives me more than I need towing my 10k 5er. At this point I don't see the need to upgrade to the attitude as I don't need the extra features. Got a refurb unit last year and have been happy with it ever since!!

Bob

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I don't tow, but if I did I'd buy the better setup for less money. The tude and big pipe. The tude lets you change levels on the fly, good if you tow over flat ground and grades. You can't beat the juice for safety features and with the tude it not only monitors for tranny slip and backs down, it does the same for EGTs as long as the pyro probe is installed. You can even set the max EGT. The features go on and on. I haven't seen the TLC in person, but I've read plenty on it. That system isn't worth anywhere near what they charge for it IMHO. In fact the only people I've heard of that have it are ones that hadn't heard of Juice before. I think most of them end up getting the Juice later. If the TLC was half the price it may be worth it. Banks is known for their quality. Edge is as well...

Ox

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for comment BlueOx03. I am more confused now that the banks six gun is replacing the otto-mind and has 6 power levels than can be adjusted on the fly as well as some other comparable features. I will have to wait to hear from more guys running those and would like to see some dyno numbers.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ditto chaps, It comes down to the juice/tude or six-gun/speed loader for me. If the banks is as good as the dyno charts show, I'm sold. Just waiting to hear from someone that has compared them back to back.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard that some guys from here were gonna do a comparision of some of the top juice/boxes including the new Banks six-gun and I can't wait to see what they have to say about each!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts