Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tie Rod sleeves or Beefier aftermarket tierods? Are the SD sleeves good enough or would you guys recommend Maybe the cognito tierods? They do look better than sleeves. Has anyone used these on their trucks pulling yet or has everyone just went with sleeves? Just trying to figure some things out. Thanks.

Ryan

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would personally go with the sleeves as they will be cheaper and I have never heard of anyone having any problems with them. Personally I would think they would prevent breakage of the tie rods better than aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Go with the SD sleeves, you wont regret it. Tons and tons of guys have run these with no problem with many pulls and boosted 4 wheel launches. Also a ton pushing some major hp so you should be good. You dont hear of many breaking the SD sleeves.......I have yet to see one.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
If I decide to put something on, it will probably be the bigger tierods, the larger joints have to help and last longer. I have the stock and lathes so it wouldn't cost me anything to make the sleeves either.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I ran the SD sleeves and centerlink all last year and they held up great, front end stays dead straight when pulling no toe in at all. even if you get aftermarket tierods you'll still have to worry about the factory centerlink unless you brace it or strap it. Yet both combined are about the same price as aftermarket tierods.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I ran the SD sleeves and centerlink all last year and they held up great, front end stays dead straight when pulling no toe in at all. even if you get aftermarket tierods you'll still have to worry about the factory centerlink unless you brace it or strap it. Yet both combined are about the same price as aftermarket tierods.
:exactly:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.