Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after much research as to what module to go with I have a slight dilemma. I want to get the Juice with Attitude but yet I want to be able to adjust my speedo/odometer for the new tires that I recently put on.

My understanding is that the Juice will no do this. The attitude will display the speed based upon tire size but I can also get that from my GPS. Is this correct?

From what I understand the Predator and Quadzilla do a good job of adjusting for tire size. When they adjust for tire size, does anybody know if it also effects the shift points and ABS info since it all essentially comes from the same source?

I don't really want to buy two different modules. Hmm, decisions decisions once again. The reason I like the idea of the Juice is that it is adjustable on the fly with the Attitude, contains all gauges and has great low end torque which is what I want. Maybe separate gauges is the way to go. Guess I have to think about this a little more.

Any oppinions or suggestions?

Curtis

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I love my juice and attitude. My complaints are that it won't adjust for different size tires and it won't get rid of the top speed limiter. My solution is to get a suncoast in there and then get a quad 215 box stacked with the juice attitude.

I just can't figure out how to tell my girlfriend that a suncoast does make a good engagment ring

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Max Power said:
I love my juice and attitude. My complaints are that it won't adjust for different size tires and it won't get rid of the top speed limiter. My solution is to get a suncoast in there and then get a quad 215 box stacked with the juice attitude.

I just can't figure out how to tell my girlfriend that a suncoast does make a good engagment ring

Just tell her your rice crispies told you to get the suncoast!!

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I can offer some advise.

I have 2 Modules right now and 2 tuners.

The Quadzilla will allow you to recal for tires and remove the top speed limiter. The Tunes are real strong, and EGT's run fairly cool.

The Juice will allow you 2 different power levels in Normal or Tow Haul Mode as well as shift on the fly. It also shows Boost and EGT with the Attitude.

The Predator offers Diagnostics as well as real time monitoring of the engine. The tunes are not bad, but do get HOT on the EGT's pretty quickly.

If I was you I would get A Quadzilla or Juice. For the money the Predator is good, but the Tunes do not compare to a Quad or OJ.

If guages are not an option right now buy a Regular Juice with Attitude and get the Hot OJ as Bonus. This will keep your tranny in check and eliminate gauges for a while.

Save some $$$$$$$$$$ and then get a tranny. After that get a 215 Quadzilla tuner and Stack it.

Just some advise.

T
NY

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If you tow at all my recommendation would be the juice. Nothing else compares to the low end grunt of the juice and I've never had a single problem with it unlike other tuners.

BTW, I'm also living with the tire-size issue but not willing to buy a $300+ tire size calibrator.
Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody!

I think I will end up going with a Juice module with either standard gauges or the Attitude combination. I like the idea of the attitude being able to change power levels on the fly but can't seem to find any decent mounting options for the attitude.

I need the low end power of the Juice since I pull a 27' fiver quite a bit during the summer. The overwelming response is that I should go with the Juice if I am towing which is what I have been seeing through my research as well.

Curtis

·
Banned
328 Posts
Not to argue, but if you put our 90hp on the dyno vs the Edge 90hp you will find we actually make more torque and we make it at lower rpm.

I think what people refer to as "having bottom end" is that at lighter throttle it "feels" stronger. They give more fuel at lighter throttle than we do.

The people that are towing with our tuners are very happy.

Just my .02

Quad

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quad, do you have any charts of the torque with your tunes? I would like to see some charts of the HP/Torque so that I can do some comparison shopping. I will probably not run more than the 40HP tune/setting most of the time so that I can somewhat preserve my Alli!

I would like to get some increases in torque from 1600RPM up because of the new tires I spend alot of time in the lower RPM band. However, I don't believe that there are any tunes that will boost the torque that low.

Curtis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts