Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance. I am looking to upgrade my exhaust to 4" turbo(downpipe) back since my 03 came without cat. My question is which exhaust metal do I want? Aluminized (which is basicly what comes from factory and is much less expensive) or T-304. I know I don't want the T-409 due to the rust factor. I live In South Carolina so the winter weather (snow, road salt, etc) is not an issue. Dont want to spend more money than I need to. How do the rest of you feel about this and have you had any issues with your systems. I am looking hard at the MBRP systems. As always thank for the help!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The T-304 will stay nice and shiny for as long as you own the truck, but costs quite a bit more than 409. The 409 will develop rust "spots" from salt and the like, and it won't shine like the 304, but it will hold up better than the aluminum over time. What is the price difference in the aluminum/409?

If salt isn't a problem like you say, you maybe could get by with the aluminum system, and save some money over the 409.

If you are into "bling" then buy the 304.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Sounds like Aluminized will fit your needs just fine. T304 is kind of overkill, but it does look good. I say go with the aluminized and slap a tip on it.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I would go with aluminized or 304. I regret going with the 409. It looks like crap after less then a year.

Now I need to find a way to upgrade to 304.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Go with 409. It's fairly cheap and will last damn near forever. Does look bad over time tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.