Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a programmer for my 03 duramax and I have decided to go with hypertech, I want something that I can get decent power from along with better mpg, and not have to worry about trashing my tranny. I wouldnt mind having a little smoke but its not a must, because I know that hypertechs are not known for their "smoking" capabilities.

I just dont know whether to get the Hyperpac, Hypertech Max Energy, or the Hypertech Power Programmer.

Im not planning on racing my truck, I need it reliable, and ready to pull lots of trailers and snowplow.

Another question....If I get the hyperpac you can change the shift points...does that mean since I have a 5 speed trans, I can make it shift later in 5th gear so when im flying down the highway at 85 mph its not redlining?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Max Energy and Power Programmer are basically the same, though packaged a bit differently. Here is what Hypertech says about the 2 .. "The Max Energy replaces the Programmer and has the exact same Power Tuning to increase power and other options, rev and speed limiter, tire calibration etc. The Max is smaller in design and is internet updateable." I use the Hypertech PP3 (set on #3 most of the time) and really like it, though haven't tried anything else.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I should just get the power programmer then and save myself $100-$200.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Right on. Unless you want the internet updateable feature. Is that worth the $100++?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts