Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Got a question about the 2500 HD with Duramax fuels lines. I want to put a pre OEM filter in back by the fuel cooler. Posts and pictures have shown the filters on the larger line (the ½ inch). In the GM shop manual the flow diagram shows the fuel going from tank > cooler > filter. On my truck that’s the small line.
Are the post with filter on the large line really on the return line like they look? What gives???

Erwin

</v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:imagedata></v:shape>

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You want the supply line not the smaller return line for your filter setup install in and out thru the filter head .....

Mac

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yup.

Can't remember where I stumbled across that little tidbit, but yes the cooler is on the return line.

I think it has to do with preserving the chemical characteristics of the fuel by not accelerating any possible condensation caused by introducing warm fuel into a cold tank, or bacterial growth in the tank, since the bacteria like a warm moist environment.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's neat, just another error in the GM service manuals. Thank you Helms & GM

(I have been putting a CST 6 inch lift kit on my truck this weekend and finding all kinds of other minor errors in the front end section !!)

Thanks for the info guys !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts