Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase a nicktane fuel filter and wondered which fuel line disconnect tool works best for installation, the Lisle set or the Duramax Tool ?
Does the handle on the duramax tool get into the tight space on top of the fuel tank ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Getting ready to purchase a nicktane fuel filter and wondered which fuel line disconnect tool works best for installation, the Lisle set or the Duramax Tool ?
Does the handle on the duramax tool get into the tight space on top of the fuel tank ?
Thanks
:exactly: I was just wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Is the set just the 4 or 5 plastic "disks"...?

If so, this is what I borrowed from JakeGMCHD to install my lift pumps and extra filter. They are a bit of a pain, but work well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I used the Lisle ones when I did mine. They worked well with the only PITA being reaching up there to get to the fittings. I read somewhere that they were the recommended ones to use because they work and other brands sometimes don't fit right. I don't know anything about the tool and have never used one of those. I got the Lisle set at Sears for around $15 if IIRC. I used them the one time and haven't touched them since.

·
Registered
71 Posts
lisle

I used the Lisle brand on mine. Bought a set of them at Oreilys for about 10-15 bucks. Worked just fine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Lisle worked great for me cost me $10. The disconnect behind the fuel cooler was kind of a pita but I disconnected at the tank first and unclipped it from the plastic holders that way I had more to grab when disconnecting the end behind cooler instead of wrestling it in that tight spot. Push the 1/2" QD tool into the fitting and pulled the hose in a straight line to the p/s of truck and it came right off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts