Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting some exhaust for my LBZ and have a couple ?s. Is the LBZ different from say the LLYs? Which company makes one that comes out straight and not angled out the back? I like the MBRP the best but I dont like how it exits. Any help would be great..

Thanks guys,

Greg

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I have never seen one exit straight and I would expect its because the pipes are so big to go around things..space limitations. If you find one I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Briano is correct.

MBRP makes an awesome exhaust systems, but due to the size and configuration of everything under the truck it cannot exit to the rear. We do have some MBRP gas exhaust that have rear exit, but this is due to the tube size being much smaller.

But that does not mean that no one makes a system like you want. I am not aware of any at this time though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am wanting some exhaust for my LBZ and have a couple ?s. Is the LBZ different from say the LLYs? Which company makes one that comes out straight and not angled out the back? I like the MBRP the best but I dont like how it exits. Any help would be great..

Thanks guys,

Greg
I have not seen one do that, but it would be easy to do. All you'd have to do is get an over axel pipe without the tip on it, throw a elbow on it to redirect the exit, and then put the tip on!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Thanks guys,

Greg
I have not seen any "mass produced" units that exit toward the rear for diesels (plenty for gas though). I had straight exits on my D/D gasser and hated trying to hook up a trailer with the truck running and it made a mess on the front of the trailer (soot), so I would imagine a diesel would be worse.

I have seen one custom made dual exhaust on a dodge that exited out the back but it looked weird because of the large diameter pipe and I don't know if he ran a spare or not. It almost looked like a ricer with dual fart cans out the back (not as bad, but you get the idea).

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Soot will be an issue with a rear exit exhaust, especially since it looks like you tow a white stang on an open trailer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys thats not what I mean. I want it to still come out the side just straight. I didnt explain well enough on the first post sorry. So what about this? LOL.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You want a 90* exit. My Kennedy Diesel exhaust is close to a 90. Its only angled back a smidge.

Here's a pic from his page... Kennedy Exhaust

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.