Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got the approval from the "Boss"
today to get some stuff for my truck...(02, Silvy 3500LT, CC, 4x4).

Here's what I am going to get:

1. 4" exhaust

2. Air intake

3. Pre-oem fuel filter

4. Fast idle kit

5. Fuel additive (I live in Florida)

I know lots has been said about all of these in the past, but before I burn up the old credit card, I would like to get as much insight from you guys as possible. Please let me know what you think, and what the best models/manufacturers are to use.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
267 Posts
You're going to get a lot of comments from people who have justified what they bought (logically!).

I can comment on the exhaust: for the money, the Summit is a hands-down best value. I personally will be getting the Banks stainless in a couple weeks.

For the high-idle, all you need is a wire/terminal, which you can get from dmaxalliTech for $5, and a optionally a switch. Check out Kennedy's site or do a search here for more on that.

For a pre-filter, I would recommend the Nicktane, since it's as good as anything, and after all, he runs this site!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe,

I agree...Nicktane!

Why Banks? Is it a better system than the Summit, or are you just going with Banks becaust its stainless?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Banks cuz I've heard it, like it, and it's stainless and everything rusts in MI.

·
Registered
71 Posts
1. Banks Monster

2. AFE Stage 2

3. Nicktane

4. $5 for parts....wire it to your brake pedal.

5. Rotella DFA

Just my opinions cause that's what I bought.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Fireman said:
Okay, I got the approval from the "Boss"
today to get some stuff for my truck...(02, Silvy 3500LT, CC, 4x4).

Here's what I am going to get:

1. 4" exhaust - BANKS

2. Air intake - AFE STAGE II ( ask CON here )

3. Pre-oem fuel filter - NICKTANE ( here )

4. Fast idle kit - do it yourself or dmaxallitech has a kit ( here )

5. Fuel additive (I live in Florida) - call a Vendor ( here )

I know lots has been said about all of these in the past, but before I burn up the old credit card, I would like to get as much insight from you guys as possible. Please let me know what you think, and what the best models/manufacturers are to use.

Thanks for the help!

Nice thing about being a member at The Diesel Place is you do not have to look any further than here for info or products and services.

This is the premier Diesel "PLACE" to be.......bar none.

T
NY

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I agree with you Tony! I found this site only recently, and I'm astounded at the wealth of knowledge and helpfulness of the members.
This "PLACE" is GREAT!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay,

I ordered the Nicktane filter, and some Primrose 405...

Now I'm ready to order the Banks 4", and the AFE stage 2. Who has the best price on these? CON's price looks pretty good on the AFE, and I like the good reputation he has.

Kevin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well,

I ordered the AFE stage 2 from Con this morning, and while talking with him, he convinced me to save some money, and get the Diamond Eye Exhaust. He said he has it and likes it alot, and at the price, I figured I can't go wrong. He also has me talked into the juice w/attitude. I think that will be my next purchase. My only concern is the GM warranty if I install it. Will I have warranty nightmares with GM if I have the juice on my truck?

Kevin

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kevin,

The has been a lot of discussion on the topic recently...try doing a search on warranty. You will get plenty of reading material. Bottom line on the juice though is remove it before you take it to your dealer.

John

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I have the Banks exhaust and like it very much. fit and finish is top notch. i don't think i would change the sound if i could.. the only thing that would be neat is a better downpipe, but to my knowledge no one makes those for sale..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CS,

I saw a previous post today where someone put the attitude in the overhead console, and had a second, blank cover...When they took the truck in for service, they tucked the attitude inside the console, and put the blank cover on to hide it. A pretty good idea? I don't know if the service tech would start hunting though if he saw the pyro and boost leads.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kevin,

Not sure on that one...That is one of the reasons that I decided to go with a regular juice, not the attitue. I can remove the juice very easily when it goes to the dealer. I am only going with a pyro (its on the way, I am gonna install it next weekend), and if the dealer asks about it I am just gonna say that I occasionally tow heav loads in the mountains and can't belive that GM would sell a truck like this with a pyro. I want to be able to get the most from the truck without worrying about hurting the motor.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts