Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, new kid on the block and am confused by quality of fuel filters for the LLY. :help: From my reading of the post all "brands" fuel filter are mfg by Racor and guys are saying "no difference" (my interpretation of posts) so go for the cheapest. It would seem to me that while the container would/could be same/identical, the specs/design for the internal material would be different. Just read on the RV forum regarding diesel filters that CAT is the best and WIX is least efficient. Does anyone have information on the specs for the LLY/Duramax filters by brand. Appreciate any facutal data on the subject.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Yes, all Duramax Fuel filters are made by Racor, so it doesn't matter if you get an ACDelco filter for a Fram filter; They are all made by the same company. The only difference would be weather it is the new dual pleat filter media or single pleat.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If you are discussing the filters that attach to the OEM base, then Cougar281 is correct. If you are talking auxillary filters then it's a toss up, but I've seen data indicating that Baldwin has some of the best units which is why I chose them for my Mega kits. I do have a unit that is one step better, but very expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts