Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a programmer? I have a 01 D/A 2500 HD extended cab short box. Only thing I have done to her is Nerf bars and UNI air filter. Wanting to buy a programmer, best for my money. Do some hauling about 3x's a month, up to about 9,000lbs, but most of my time is unloaded highway miles. Not interested in stacking, but would love to be able to play a little. In the springfield area only thing that is carried around here is Hypertech, would also like to not void my factory warrenty. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
mobowhunter said:
I am looking at buying a programmer? I have a 01 D/A 2500 HD extended cab short box. Only thing I have done to her is Nerf bars and UNI air filter. Wanting to buy a programmer, best for my money. Do some hauling about 3x's a month, up to about 9,000lbs, but most of my time is unloaded highway miles. Not interested in stacking, but would love to be able to play a little. In the springfield area only thing that is carried around here is Hypertech, would also like to not void my factory warrenty. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

mobowhunter,

If you want a loader I would recommend the Quadzilla Stealth Tuner.

I have the tuner with the 70/110/135/215 tunes.

It is quick to change tunes and you can also recalibrate the speedo for larger tires and get rid of that top speed limiter.

I do not think you want the 215 tuner ( unless you wanna spend some $$$$$$$$ on a tranny soon
) but Quad or any Quadzilla vendor here can hook you up.

T
NY

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the prices of the Quad?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the difference between the tuner and the power module? Are they adjustible to move between say 50 and 110?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I got the juice and love it. Juice is nice because you can switch between levels on the fly. Added torque is pretty nutty too even on level 1. I bought the regular juice remaned unit from John Kennedy a little over 500$. Quad does have some cool stuff with it though.

Anything can void your waranty if they know about it
. The juice is a pigyback unit....you plug it in between the trucks brain and the motor, as far as the computer is concerened everything is normal
With the quad you plug in a gizmo and teach the computer new tricks so to speak. I figure if something completly nukes I can yank off the juice and stick it in my pocket as I wait for a wrecker, with quad you gota be able to flash it back to stock. Trying to get ahold of someone with the stuff your thinking of to try out is a good idea IMO or atleast going for a joy ride with em. Quad and Juice seem to be the most popular round these parts......

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
mobowhunter said:
What is the difference between the tuner and the power module? Are they adjustible to move between say 50 and 110?

The tuner reflashes the stock ecm, it also allows for the speedo recalibration and top speed limiter to be removed.

The Juice which I also have plugs in to the main engine harness on the motor. It allows two different tunes at the same time, one in T/H and one in Normal on the tranny setting.

The Juice has 4 settings or 5 with the Attitude. The JUICE HP numbers fall between 30 and 145 HP with the Attiude IIRC depending on the version and the Quad allows you to pick 4 tunes as well.

I have both and dyno'd both. They are quite close in overall power, the Quad is stronger on the top end from a seat of the pants feel though.

I believe that Quad has his prices posted on his web sight.

T
NY
Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

1 - 6 of 6 Posts