Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is regarding All Terrain tire recommendations. I have a need for All Terrain tires as I'm often on mountain farm roads that are gravel, or completely off road in rocky territory. I've used Toyo Open Country A/T (but it seems to lack durability in my experience), and Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 (I thought it was somewhat noisy at highway speeds).
Thank you in advance for any direction you can give.
Have a good afternoon.
Ciao,
MacMan.

·
Premium Member
18,174 Posts
If gravel roads are involved, do nothing Cooper. I've run out of fingers and toes to count the number of rock drilled AT3 & ATR tires that we've gone through.
My year round go to tire is the Hankook RW11 winter tire. Yes, I'm not kidding. The RW11 lasts the same amount of mileage as the Hankook RF10, but, alas, they quit making them. I tried the new RF11, but, some idiot designer placed bridges between the outer blocks, so as when the tire is half worn, driving in the rain becomes a handful.

The beauty of the RW11 is that, aside from being quiet, stable empty or trailering, and having great wet mud traction, is that it has the same compound as the RF10, so I can easily run them year round.

Its the only "winter" tire that I've found that gives me all 4 seasons very well.

And, it's the only AT tire that gives me great winter traction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts