Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CC LB and and going to add a 4inch turbo back exaust. I want something that is 304 stainless and prefer to have the hangers welded to the exaust piping. I am most likely going with banks beause they are stainless and many seem to be happy with the fit and sound, altough I wouldn't mind a bit more noise, im young and don't mind the attention!

The thing is that my stock exaust already rubs my leaf springs (10 inch atlas packs) so im sure an aftermasket 4 inch will make matters worse. I am planning to hack the back portion off and route my exaust out in-front of the rear tire just after the cab. It will hurt to pay for a quality front to back exaust system and then shorten it and discard some of it. So before I spend 675$$ on the banks is there any other system that offers comparable quality and tone to the banks that is a bit easier on the wallet????

Thanx again guys

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Your post has been edited as you can see ....

Please see Vendors forum and contact site administrator Thanks

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
78 Posts
I run the Diesel Performance Parts(DPP) exhaust on my truck. I have been very happy with it. I don't remember what I paid for it so, I don't know if it is any easier on the wallet but, it does sound great.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now in curious as to whether the Banks is 304 or not. I was under the impression that is was but I better check before dropping the cash.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Banks system is 409SS (Not an Impala) and installs very nicely. I have one on my dually and like it for it's quietness even under load. I bought mine in the Stinger Kit so I don't know how much it was individually, but $600 for a Banks product is probably about right. I would checj aftermarket dealers to see if you can get a better price.

JP

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for the clarification Big Dipper and Heartbeat Hauler!

Heartbeat Hauler did you notice much change in tone over the stock exaust and is your set-up turbo back or cat back?? You said that you like the quietness and im looking for something throaty so maybe if I go with the banks I will look into a muffler delete pipe as well.

Thanx again guys

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
My system starts at the "downpipe" and goes back, I don't have a cat on my truck(factory, not me removing it). If you listen real hard you may be able to hear the exhaust inside the cab, but if I had to rate the nosie level on a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being stock, then the Banks system would be 1.5. The .5 coming from a slightly deeper tone. On the outside, I don't think you can hear it at all. Some of this is due in part that the engine itself can be heard and may be drowning out the exhaust, either way it is a quiet muffler even when you stand on it.....and I do. Also, I tow a 9000lb 5ver and still no real noise. I haven't been up a huge hill like say in the Rockies, but still pretty quiet.

JP

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
One thing I just remembered, when I first talked with the Banks Salesman, he said they use the 409 SS because after awhile 304 becomes brittle (heating and re-heating from exhaust), not being an engineer I have no way of knowing if that's true, but that's what he said.

JP

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the 304 SS becoming brittle. I'd worry more about 409SS becoming rusted on the surface. The DPP system works and fits quite well. I haven't personally installed one, but my customers report excellent results! Edited by: Kennedy

·
Registered
315 Posts
I bought a DPP system from Kennedy and confirm it's a good fit/ easy install. Hardest part of any exhaust install is getting the old system off if you don't want to cut it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Morning,

I'll try this again, first off Kennedey is correct, T-304 will last longer than any currently used type of stainless on exhaust for our trucks. Secondly check with an IRL, Indy, CART, or a NASCAR team and see what material they use. Exactly T-304, they can't afford failures,(the engines are expensive but the points are way more inmportant to keep sponsors) now we don't have this problem but T-304 is THE best material, that said we also offer T-409 at a lower cost and we include T-304 hangers and a T-304 Muffler on all the T-049 systems to ensure that you have a problem. I want you to get our product, but I don't want to ever hear from anyone on a rust warranty claim, so we use the best materials even on the T-409 system to make sure they don't have a problem. We also offer systems in aluminized, all the systems are identical in bend and design and all of them include a 5 inch rolled edge polished T-304 stainless steel tip as well.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mark, welcome aboard
, I'm one who is enjoying your system. You dont see alot here with your exhaust system, but I think that's fixing to change....

Mike T.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
I have pics of the pipes in a group on the floor, but none of the system installed. Dunno if this helps...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about RBP diesel 4inch systems??

I don't see or hear much about them.......anyone know why?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Station10fd,

Glad you got it all on and are enjoying it, call us if we can ever help you with anything else. Yes we just discovered this site and plan to be as active as we can with the time we have available.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 20 of 25 Posts