Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering where the lbz plug in for the block heater is at. going up north this weekend and its gunna be cold!
thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
just wondering where the lbz plug in for the block heater is at. going up north this weekend and its gunna be cold!
thanks
Mine is tie wrapped to the passenger side battery cable.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The block heater cord is right under the passenger battery. Or in that general area. The manual will tell you that it's right beside the power stearing, but it's not. Make your life easier and take the inner wheel well and you will see it right away. In Canada last week I have left my truck outside in -15f and it started no probs. And I actually forgot to plug it in. They start awome in cold weather.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok great thanks! its gunna be 0ish this weeend so just wanted to know where it was. what temp does the heater shut off at or does it?

·
Registered
471 Posts
What do you mean by heater shutting off at? I don't understand the question.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like to what temperature does the heater elemant warm up the block to?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Oh I see. I actually don't know the answer to that question. But I know a oil pan heater gets to be very hot. A block heater might not get that hot, but it does make a big difference @ cold start. Honestly @ 0 F you will no have any problems.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok just making sure. the ol dodge had to be plugged in when i lived in cali so i wasnt sure. thanks canadien! eh!

·
Registered
471 Posts
haha! Merry Christmas!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts