Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the allison spin on filter. I went to merchant automotive and he only had it for the 1000 series allison. Is this different?

Also - the price was 12.00 and I thought they were 7 or 8. I'd like to order about five of the things.....

Where do you guys go?

Mike

·
Registered
144 Posts
got mine from Baldwin filter. 15.00 bucks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Over on the maitenence forum there's lots of info. The 1000 series is right. I found a couple of local commercial truck repair shops who were allison dealers, and I got mine for a little over $8.00. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Look for a Allison dealer in your area. I just got mine last Friday at the local Alison dealer for $9.53.
www.allisontransmission.com
If not in your area, you can get them for a site vendor.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Go to the Allison web site noted above and find the closest dealer...I paid $7.60.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I paid less than $8 for the filter, too. I got mine at a local International Truck dealer who also services Allison transmissions--you are probably not going to find a stand-alone Allison dealer. The local Chev dealer wants around $40.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
mgraveman;1602716; said:
I am looking for the allison spin on filter. I went to merchant automotive and he only had it for the 1000 series allison. Is this different?

Also - the price was 12.00 and I thought they were 7 or 8. I'd like to order about five of the things.....

Where do you guys go?

Mike
Still a good price when you don't have to drive somewhere to get them, fuel $2.60 a gallon, and they are oem's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts