Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought American racing bahja aluminium wheels and the center caps look like -:t they are rusting after just six months :( the dealer said he could do nothing about it .were can i find some stainless steel center caps that will fit them and also what can i use to polish these Censoreding rims :confused: Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
American Racing makes Stainless center caps for pretty much all of their rims that have the push-through style center.. I've got them (AR Rims, Stainless Centers) on my truck. Have the place you got the wheels from call up american racing, they'll be able to tell them right over the phone which ones you need they tell them the part number.

I don't think i've ever seen a center cap from them rust before, as far as I know when I used to sell AR rims at work the center caps were either chrome plastic or stainless.. unless you got stuck with some crap the dealer had lying on their shelf :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
My buddy's AR's got 4 months before the rusted badly. Why they give you chromed steel caps with aluminium wheels is a mystery. My old Mickey Thompson's came with polished aluminium caps that lasted a long time and actually matched.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i had mine cleared for like 10 bucks a cap, wont rust.
Stainless caps cleared or chrome caps cleared? That might keep them from rusting. Hadn't thought of that, I guess.

The key to keeping stainless caps from rusting is keeping a good wax coat on them. Otherwise, they will eventually get just as bad as the chrome ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts