Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know who stocks Cognito and parts in Alberta.?? specifically looking for a set of 2 bolt in ball joints for the UCA's....or conversely a set of other AM bolt ins that would fit the hole pattern and do the job..??

Call me on my cell (587) 580-6483

am also going to call Nick at NorCal and see how long/cost it takes to get a set up here from them.

much appreciated,

Theo (pronounced:T-ayo)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mpl Ted is a Cognito dealer..... I have Cognito UCA and i think the ball joints r just OEM old school ones ..give Ted a call

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Sly. I did manage to get a set of Moog that apparently fit, right here in Calgary..surprisingly. Pretty much same price as if I bought from Nick at Norcal....less the shipping.

going north in a week...wanted a cpl of spares.

Theo

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
where you going Theo?

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in Fort McMurray.

Staying at the Nova Suites (le Chateau no friggin less!). Working contract QA/Welding Inspection. Unreal coin (near 3 figure) + $200/day LOA/a Fuel card and work 10 in 4 out. Working 11 hr days. 7-6:30

Site Energy Services.

I got laid of a month ago and figured (****** it!)...time to get busy-return to my Welding engineering / welding roots, set up my own company, pay myself dividends so as to not have to pay EI/CPP...and withdraw as little as I need from the company account - and try to build it up into my own personal savings "vehicle". Beats the fracking daylights outa those bullshit RRSP's...in my opinion.

Don"t wanna be working at 70...got maybe 5-6 years left in me and then it's adios Muchacho's..............

Thats the plan anyway...we shall see how it goes..but to date not bad.

So to get la beast ready: Alternator went 2 weeks ago, new ball joints (they were toast), new tires 265/75R17 Rugged trails that were BNIB takeoffs - got em for 500 for set of 5. Added buggy whip, back up alarm, spill kit, # 2 First aid kit etc.

Been here since monday. gonna leave the trk up here and fly bk on days off.

theo

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good gig you've got going there Theo! That's good thinking for the pension bankroll! If we could get the over the top pensions the government MP's give themselves we could coast on easy street.
What is BNIB stand for :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BD...it means "brand new in the box"

Yes, I consider myself fortunate..very much so in fact (and am grateful), that this company hired me - face unseen. Just over the phone and e-mail...simply amazing. During the 4 weeks off, |I also had a number of engineering firms contacting me for 14 in / 7 out rotations - similar remunerations and those are all on fly in/fly out set ups.

No question there is work up here and i can attest to the fact that QC is one area that appears to be really in need of people.

Theo

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Theo, the Moog's are good, but the Raybestos professionals are something else. Just got a set, not cheap tho, about 120/joint, but its 100X nicer than the cognito ones, and 10X the moog ones. Lemme know next time you need a set, I have a hookup.

If you up in The Mac, I have 2 sets of 265/75/16's you would love! Goodyear MTR's w/60% left and a new spare, and some Artic Claw XSI's for winter, on 8 lug steel wheels. Super cheap for you my friend, drop me a PM :D

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done.! Hell the moogs were 75 a pop. So 100 is not a stretch at all. As for the tires, I'm running H2's (17"s).....and at some point will use those rims for good winter tires with some smokin good looking rims coming in the spring.

Damned hot up here this week..Jesus.! supposed to go to 37 today.

theo

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Ft Mac, that sucks, guess we won't see you camping around here :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Fort Mac has been good to me for 24 years now....

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At this stage of the game...i have no concerns. Think even the wife kinda likes it too.! lol. She has control of the remote now. Could be an issue on days off.!

Where ya workin at Sly.?
Theo

·
Registered
225 Posts
Been at Syncrude for the last 12 years. 6 on 6 off rotation, its a good deal.:D

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6 on 6 off...smokin deal. Im doing a 21 on 7 off. For now. Looking at some that are on 14 in 14 out. Now that I could handle.! 21 is a bit much expecially if ya gotta stay to finish something off.

Gonna have to watch for your truck...lots of black ones here though...if ya see me, honk or yell "inS-allah you dog"..at me.! lol

im not somali...

Theo

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
what site you at steakman? i just finished a 24 days hitch at Nexen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts