Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No answers in the performance section, I guess because its such a dumb question, but- where do you intall these? What I'm getting at is where do you you look for evidence of them on a truck if you're thinking about buying it? I have heard that people usually put the pyro hole on the right side exhaust manifold, but is there a common place on the manifold that most people use? Where would you look for a pipe plug to see if somebody took it off and plugged up the hole?

And, where is the computer? Where do you install the actual box/ chip, or whatever it is? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Them guys can be tuff in that section of the forum ....

There is a few different types of devices on the market ,,,,

One style is Plug in under the hood on the big bale connections that intercept the fuel injection ,ECM and TCM controls and adjust or "trick" the paramaters...

Another is a programmer that extracts your stock tune shall we say and makes changes and reloads .... This is done under the dash at the diagnostic port ...

Yet another has a completely reprogrammed ECM that is exchanged with yours or you can send yours to be reprogrammed .... The ECM is located forward of the under the hood fuse box on the driver side ...

All have different power levels ....

There are some that intercept fuel rail pressure but are kinda extinct unless you are trying some different stacking possibilities ...

The EGT pyro is in a flat spot in the back of the exhaust manifold ... A plug could easily seal the hole ...Left or right side or both ....

All performance devices can be easily removed for service and or sale ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
to add to mackin's:

sometimes people will also install an EGT probe post-turbo on the outlet side of the turbo. it would be tapped there, or it could be clamped on slightly further down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts