Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that a lot of you guys have quite a list of mods. I know that some of you DIY but surely some people have work done for them. Who works on Dmax trucks in the Tennessee area.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I see that a lot of you guys have quite a list of mods. I know that some of you DIY but surely some people have work done for them. Who works on Dmax trucks in the Tennessee area.
Around here, Some local shops that are good friends of mine do some work for me...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I haven't done anything to mine that I couldn't handle myself....Yet :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I do all my own stunts. thank you thank you thank you. Kinda goes with my job. lol:D Carriage Chevrolet Buick, Master Technician:cool:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
did everything except my trans myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a shop at the house and do all my own maintenance, installed my own cat back exhuast, and installed the diablosport predator tune. I had a gas powered chevy R3500 SRW 2wd 5.7 TBI and I replaced the motor in that truck with a new longblock assembly and rebuilt the throttle body but that truck was sorta ragged out and I wasn't really worried about screwing it up.
I must say that I am a little intimidated to tear into the new truck. I want to install some gauges next and have held off due to drilling the exh manifold and somewhere for boost and then replacing the pillar with the gauge pod.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
volumejunkie did you get just a kit and have someone local put the transmission together or did you get a complete transmission. Do the locals have much experience on
Allison transmission?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I get all my hard stuff done by a local guy. Diesel Performance and Repair. He has good prices and is a stand-up guy. If something breaks he's quicker and cheaper than the dealer. Picked up the truck with his rollback for free.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yes he did.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,311 Posts
I do it all except suncoast IV install. transgo jr is within my grasp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts