Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I temporarily have mine on top of the steering column but it looks tacky as hell...

I will be interested to hear how your mounted yours.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I used the velcro strip, hanging it down from the lowest part of the dash in the center. It's not a very good spot if you're going to look at it all the time, but is ok for the occasional glance. I just couldn't find a good spot, so the rearview mirror mount is probably the best.

But at least mine is out of plain view.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got a piece of plexi-glass and heated it up so I could bend it then
I kind of U shaped it with some tabs on the ends. I can squeeze the ends together and stick it in that useless little "cubby hole" that is down low on
the dash. I used the velcro to fasten the scangauge to it and stuffed the excess wire in the "cubby hole".
I like it because I can pop it out real easy if I need to. Sounds a little weird but it works OK. Not a real fancy looking arrangement though. But, it is functional.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I also mounted mine in the little cubbyhole. Functional and easy to see while driving. Under radio.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I went the Blendmount route also. A bit of a reach but not a bad spot for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Smaller, top cubby hole for mine. Everyone that has seen it thought it came from the factory that way. Hole in the back of the cubby hole for the wire, then ran the wire behind the lower dash panel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts