Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, Just read a post from one of the members asking for advice on a good diesel mechanic in Oregon.

It got me to thinking that we might want to consider adding a section where we could post recommendations on where to go (nationwide) for good diesel service.

I know that a guy I ride with who works at one of the two local Chevy dealers told me not to bring my truck to them, since they don't have a school-trained diesel mechanic. I don't know anything about the other local dealer (I didn't buy my truck from either of them), so I'm rolling the dice when it comes time to get the truck worked on.

Just thought I'd toss it out to see if it's worth considering.

Chris in NC

P.S. - if anyone can recommend a good diesel mechanic in eastern NC, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does anyone know of a trained DMAX mechanic in N. Alabama? (the Florence--Decatur--Huntsville area?)-------Phil

·
Registered
391 Posts
I "feel your pain" in Massachusetts

·
Registered
612 Posts
NCMax

If you find one please let me know ... am located just north of you in southern Wake Co.

Jim

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ditto here for Gainesville, Florida.

·
Registered
692 Posts
im ase and gm diesel certified went to uti in phx az and have a diesel accosiate degree. have been talking to smoe members in oregon well near beaverton i lost a couple of the e-mails and dont remember all the user names. let mw knoe if any of you portlanders need help.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I know of a technician just outside Charleston, SC and one 36 miles into Washington from the Oregon border. If anyone is interested I will get the dealer names.

·
Registered
540 Posts
GMCSID said:
I know of a technician just outside Charleston, SC and one 36 miles into Washington from the Oregon border. If anyone is interested I will get the dealer names.

Okay Sid, I need to know the who and where of the guy in Charleston, S.C.!!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
FirstDiesel said:
Okay Sid, I need to know the who and where of the guy in Charleston, S.C.!!!!

It's called Michael Chevrolet in Summerville, SC.

"The tech's name is Steven Mayes, but call him Buzzard. Also, tell him to ask for Zach Strickland, he's our best service advisor. Phone is 843-873-1810."

I got this info from one of 176 nationwide World Class Technicians on the GM Technicians forum. He doesn't work on Duramax but he says they have a top notch tech that does.

Michael Chevrolet
1016 North Main St
Summerville, SC 29483

·
Registered
398 Posts
I know of one but unfortunately he's A GMC mechanic and at the time he can't work on Chevy's for warranty items.

The mechanic at the dealership where I bought my truck knows nothing about the engine or trans.

I wish I would have known this before I bought it.

Oh Well, live and learn.

·
Diesel Enthusiast, Member #1000
52 Posts
GMCSID is this list of 176 World Class Technicians available to find someone in each of our areas who could do Duramax work ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks SID, I'll keep him in mind if I have a real problem. To date the local dealer has done okay but I've not needed any DMAX work, thankfully.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The dealer in Washington is

Bud Clary Chevrolet
1030 Commerce Ave
Longview,WA
1-360-423-1700 EXT 305
Ask for Daryn

·
Registered
774 Posts
GMCSid, not able to access the site you provided. Who, if any, are listed in the Seattle area? I am hoping Art Gamblin Chev has a good tech, I bought my truck from them and they are top notch people.

I haven't had any problems with my rig yet at 16K miles, hope I never do, nice to know if a good tech is up my way, though.

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How about the Boise Area??

Ron

·
Registered
93 Posts
PATRICK:

I live in salem oregon and i am taking my truck to the salem dealer on thursday for some none engine related repairs.Do you know the quality of any of the mechanic's there?Also what dealer do you work for? fore if I have any engine related problems I will be bringing it to you...I am a very experienced detroit 60 mechanic but this is a different animal

Tomslick24

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't know how good this list really is.....didn't see Eric's name on the list....dmaxallitech!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts