Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dmaxallitech is it true bosch has stopped producing the psi pump. i have 04 in with 3800 miles and the back of the gear rotor? pump is leaking and filled the engine valley up with fuel i ordered the pump toe weeks ago and friday found out form the parts department that bosch has stoped production. and no dealer in the nation has a pump. our disrtict mgr came in to deal with the customer and gm and the mgr are saying to the owner to pound sand.
march 24 or so is when production starts again...have you hear this? can you varify it?...what would give, the dealer is thinking of having me rob parts from a lot vechicle..done this many times....why would the production stop....

·
Registered
432 Posts
So already the '04 has issues and GM still taking the hard road after "promising" the '04 solves all the old problems. Guess I will have to put my checkbook back in the desk drawer again. Like that Jaws Movie, "just when you thought it was safe to maybe test he water again with a new '04".

Hope they gave the guy a DMAX loaner!!!!!!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
The hp pump isnt known to have been a troublesome component. Could be a part shortage on Bosch's end. Without the facts we can jump to all kinds of conclusions.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Pat, I havent heard of it, but havent looked for a pump recently either, A pump isnt something I would want to rob either, lot of work. I will try and remember to check into it tomarrow and let you know

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Isn't Bosch moving to Belize or Brazil or something....

·
Registered
665 Posts
GM and dealer telling a customer to pound sand doesn't sound very smart. I thought the manufacturer has a responsibility to support new vehicles for five years. If what you say is true, I'd be screaming for an immediate buy back and if I didn't get it I'd have a lawyer talking for me plus going to the state attorney general and also have a TV station investigate the problem. Neither dealers or manufactures like TV coverage for such problems.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow almost 60 days for a new part that sucks. I would tell them no problem and point out to the lot and ask them which one I would be driving till it comes in. I would be looking at either the Corvettes or that new 2 seater truck if I didn't need my Max for work or anything. You can bet the would not appreciate the milage on the thing when I returned it either.
But regardless of what they offered I would be in a comperable vihicle if I needed it or the local tv stations might get a new story.

let us know how this turns out and stick to your guns.

·
Registered
432 Posts
He's home reading the employee handbook....trying to find the section on employee loyalty and it's rewards LOL ha ha ha

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no i dont think i will be r/r from a lot unit who knows ....its all in limbo with the regional rep.....

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Chevysrus said:
He's home reading the employee handbook....trying to find the section on employee loyalty and it's rewards LOL ha ha ha
No I think he wrote that section

1 - 11 of 11 Posts